Vibration on steering when braking...

Dennisk

Hi guys, need some advise on this issue:

Last week i went back to TTS for my 10K servicing. After few days of driving, i then realised that i can feel the whole steering vibrating (juttering) when i apply my foot on the brakes while slowing down and stopping. Is this abnormal? Before servicing i didn't have this issue. what could have they done to my car?

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

hello dennisk,

steering vibration during braking.... normally above 100km/hr, might be due to rotors warping which is due to uneven wear / strinking which in turn due to hard braking / washing of rotor while hot after driving.

as your mileage is only 10K....better bring back to last workshop to rectify. FYI, my japanese model warps only after 40K.

(edited)

so what can i do if rotor warps? yup, i felt it above 80~90 km/h

Edited by Dennisk

Neutral Newbie

hello dennisk,

send the rotors for skimming....some workshops are able to do it at approx. price of SGD60....each ? (only the front is necessary). some workshop don't recommend skimming more than once as the thickness of rotors is reduced. with the reduction in material, your after-skimmed rotors will not last as long as the stock ones prior to skimming.

alternatively, replace them with cross drilled and/or slotted after-market ones. the cross drilled holes can help to dissipate heat while the slotted ones enhance braking efficiency.

however, since yours is only 10K mileage, better to go back last workshop.

yeah...i forgot in my last post....Hollandia !

Neutral Newbie

hello dennisk,

well, i shouldn't speak on behalf of the seller....but guess it ought to.

read on the sales agreement and a simple call/visit to them will answer all doubts.

This thread died for a few years.

I'm experiencing the same problem as TS, initially thought changing engine mounting will solve the problem. It only helped a little as mounting is also spoilt. Anyone is advice the price for skimming or changing new rotors? Any workshop to recommend?

This thread died for a few years.

I'm experiencing the same problem as TS, initially thought changing engine mounting will solve the problem. It only helped a little as mounting is also spoilt. Anyone is advice the price for skimming or changing new rotors? Any workshop to recommend?

Sometimes the shuddering when u brake is due to discs/pads dirty/oily.

After it sud go away.

If it dun, then maybe hv the pads checked for wear first.

Also worn steering n suspension joints can cause the shuddering when u brake.

yes, experience this b4 and changed the brake disc or other name as called here.

because the disc has warped due to wear and tear, mine think >40k too or more but lost track liao.

usually original parts should not fault at 10K, is it too low a mileage for passenger car.

unless ever time you jam brake for any braking but not logically possible.

u racer ?! [grin]

↡ Advertisement