Absorbers kaput ?

Othello

Fact 1 : Car is 2.5 yrs old

Fact 2 : Lowered using ABT springs 10 mths back

Fact 3 : I am feeling every DAMN thing on the road recently ( 2 weeks) dizzy.gif

Conclusion : Time to change to stiffer shocks ?

↡ Advertisement

Bro, what you mean by feeling everything thing on the road? If absorber spoil, you will feel your car very bouncy.

(edited)

dunno leh, not bouncy but I am feeling every hump and bump .... like very much harder now. even wifey could feel it too. its not like this before one, only very recently.

Edited by Othello

(edited)

Bro,you should know this will happen when u use Shorten Springs wz your stock shocks? IF i read correctly from your threads.

The hump n tight bumps are due to the fact that your shocks is no longer dissipating the rebounce energy .The springs are the ones doing that but since they are shortened, the rebound rate n travel is not equal & the springs alone is taking all the weight of the car,

not a problem wz static weight but when the car is in motion,the suspension has to take up to eight times it weight load force laterally & vertically..being unequal in damping force, I suspect your shocks experienced a premature wear & tear.

Best get it czeched. If your ABT springs are still good ( which I reckon they are ),perhaps u can consider aftermarket dampers that is compatible. A good set wont cost more than 1k.

Suspensions, rubbers and brakes are the 3 primary safety components .

Perhaps the other guru bros/sis here might want to correct me if I'm wrong here...n there.....n everywhere.

just my newbie 2cts.

Edited by Conned

Go get it check, see if absorber got leak. Normally stock shocks and aftermarket lower springs have a tendancy to screw up faster. No kidding.

agree. could be leak or valve stem jammed.

pls dont use word like " s c r e w "...there are ladies watching this thread..dun give them ideas.

newbie 2 cents laugh.gif ?? well, you are right in saying that I expected the premature wear & tear because of the matching of stock shocks with shortened springs.

Just like to confirm that my shocks have indeed gone kaput !

Will be going for Bilstein B8. Lead time is 6 weeks though dizzy.gif

Its none of my business but u don't need to wait that long. There are suitably shocks that are readibly available n in one day u can get it done.Bilstein are hand made so longer waiting time. esp the PSS10 which is out of stock...

my 2 cts

Sorry dude. I don't endorse or recommend any brand/wkshop. My ride is different & completely stock. U can do some research on ur ride n part nbrs..etc

Happy shopping.

yup, oredi got quote from jeffrey liao .... thumbsup.gif . Nope, only thing I did was to rotate my wheels thats all ....

yea agree.. stock shock with aftermarket lowering springs withh destroy your absorbers faster.

on the other hand stock shock with after market springs is ok.

Oh ... how much was the quote? can pm me [:p]

Was just wondering if you did anything to your tyres recently as that could've affected the bumps you've been feeling ... [:p]

↡ Advertisement