Hi Glaze 88 vs Carlack 68

Ah_low

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Have any bros used both the products, any differences in result?

Saw in forums mentioning that they are the same products but in different packaging.

The price is also different with Carlack being more expensive (Carlack 68 - 1 litre is $58 while Hi Glaze 88 is $18 for 350ml)

Edited by Ah_low
↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Carlack to me seem a better product.....with its long history and accolades. Personally, I've only tried Hi-Glaze 88 but not Carlack.

Can't really say as I have been using Hi Glaze all the way after discovering it's easier to use. My friend who runs a professional spray painting/polishing shop also uses Hi Glaze as he said it's one of the best all-round products.

Neutral Newbie

Try searching online....there's someone bringing them in and I also know of a grooming centre in Toa Payoh which uses solely Carlack stuffs.

Neutral Newbie

If you interested in carlack you might as well try klasse as I heard both are very similar, acrlyic based AIO. Both can be applied on plastic and metal parts and doesnt stain.

One con bout carlack is that it dries almost immediately and muz be applied and buffed panel by panel.. whereas klasse is more user friendly and easier to buff.

Results are quite impressive and lasting if you use it the rite way.

Neutral Newbie

I have pm you the details on where to get Carlack 68 locally.

Do share your comments after you have used it.

Neutral Newbie

Thanks for the info.

How much is Klasse selling for.

Carlack 68 is only $58 for 1 litre while 1 litre of Hi Glaze 88 is less than $40.

In autopia forum, there are posting saying that both Klasse and Carlack are from the same manufacturer.

Neutral Newbie

I believe they are from the same manufacturer or something similar.. the klasse you can get it from local distributor.. can't rem the website, but can definitely use a search..

I still have half a trial bottle left. If u wan can juz drop by my place. Im at chai chee area.

Neutral Newbie

Thanks for the offer, very kind of you.

My Hi-Glaze 88 is not yet finished but thinking of buying Carlack 68 for a try. Hoping to get some comments before proceeding.

(edited)

[reply]Have any bros used both the products, any differences in result?

Saw in forums mentioning that they are the same products but in different packaging.

The price is also different with Carlack being more expensive (Carlack 68 - 1 litre is $58 while Hi Glaze 88 is $18 for 350ml)[/reply

used both

carlack is so much easier to buff than HG88

with carlack , I can do a complete car rather quickly

car lack- no dust when buffed

HG- hard to buff and lots of dust

shine- cant tell which is better

longevity- cant tell as well

Edited by Adawang
↡ Advertisement