Tashi ---> Brudder Tong Got the Ban!!!

Porker

Turbocharged

Follow the link

http://www.straitstimes.com/Free/Story/STIStory_235500.html

Full text below in red in case the story got caned..

REIGNING Mr Singapore Tong Chin Wee has been implicated in the biggest dope scandal to hit Singapore sport.

He was one of two bodybuilders down to undergo a drugs test after last month's National Championships, but flouted rules by skipping it.

Sources said the Singapore Bodybuilding and Fitness Federation (SBBF) sent notification letters on Wednesday to the two, and also three others who tested positive for illegal performance-enhancing drugs.

Tong, 34, faces a two-year worldwide ban, but is unlikely to lodge an appeal.

Worse, the police officer launched a scathing attack on the association yesterday.

Among other things, the overall winner at this year's championships said he does not care even if he is banned for life.

The reason: he intends to quit the sport.

'I've never had financial support from the national association in the past 10 years, and am sick of its attitude,' he said.

He claims to have spent around $50,000 on supplements and special diet food since joining the national squad in the mid-1990s.

The SBBF declined to comment.

Tong's impending punishment for skipping a dope test stemmed from the events after the April 20 championships at the Victoria Theatre.

Then, he could not urinate for the test even after drinking water and waiting four hours.

'This was partly because I lowered my fluid intake five days before the competition, to make my body look better,' he said.

He disputed the SBBF's disclosure last Saturday that two bodybuilders picked for dope tests had left the competition venue without informing officials.

He said: 'The SBBF medical committee chairman Roslan Daud and two Singapore Sports Council staff saw me leaving and didn't stop me.'

This is not the first time Tong has clashed with the SBBF.

In 2002, a month after winning the light-heavyweight (below 90kg) title at the Commonwealth Championships, he cited poor gym training equipment when quitting the then-Asian Games squad.

As for possible repercussions on his career, he said he had not committed any criminal offence.

Among the four bodybuilders at the annual championships who tested positive, the biggest name caught is South-east Asia Games bronze medallist Sasi Zura Raush.

Sasi, last year's Mr Singapore, was notified via registered mail yesterday week.

Athletes have 10 days from the receipt of the letter to appeal.

If they do not, or if the 'B' samples for those who had earlier tested positive return the same result, two-year bans will be meted out for first-time offenders.

Repeat offenders will be banned for life.

Officials declined to reveal the identities of the remaining cheats, as World Anti-Doping Agency rules prohibit them from doing so until the athletes waive their right to appeal.

It is understood that Sasi and Tong are the biggest names implicated.

Sasi could not be reached yesterday.

post-15-1210428772_thumb.jpg

post-15-1210428772_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

Ah Paul not chairman anymore. Taken over by some retro unker with tinted glasses one. Looks like a sex maniac if you ask me [:p]

hi dear bro

Long time no hear or see! I trust you are keeping blessed as usual? :-) Anyway, you know my stance too.

blessings

+

Those blood suckers...... [mad][mad][mad][mad][mad][mad][mad][mad]

Just imagine, if you win and competition, 10 to 20 % of the price $$$ goes to the federation........ [hur][hur][hur]

[thumbsup][thumbsup][thumbsup], to Tao Li for being the first to piss those whatever federations off......

(edited)

mai kay kay hor.. u only becos she chio looking

Oei.... this is the first time I reply to the TS...... [sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

U mean TS is a [gorgeous][gorgeous][gorgeous] ....... [sly][sly]

I only know Blue2 and Simplyme........ [;)][;)][;)]

Edited by Picnic06

me say tao li lah..

she look so manly...... [sly][sly]

swee meh...... [sweatdrop][sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

those girls pictures u had posted look so much better in all areas...... [thumbsup][thumbsup][thumbsup]

[laugh][laugh][laugh]

Bro. I know, I have been watching even I no longer am active in the scene. You know where I'm coming from, this has been happening since the old days, 24yrs ago, and it seems it will NEVER EVER farking progress with motherfarkers in there acting like GOD! furious.gifPisses me off just to see this happen, the time, the effort, the sweat, the blood, and not to mention the money. Trsut me, it will happen again and again. furious.gifPUI SBBA!

Ah Paul not chairman anymore. Taken over by some retro unker with tinted glasses one. Looks like a sex maniac if you ask me tongue.gif

Very much the same as MINE and your BROTHER as well, and trust me, a lot of fellow brother bodybuilders!

hi dear bro

Long time no hear or see! I trust you are keeping blessed as usual? :-) Anyway, you know my stance too.

blessings

+

Its MORE then 20-30%. sly.gif one main reason why I LEFT AND STOPPED being with those blood suckers.

and we were "forced" (I use this term loosely) to use "Welder" (think I purposely spell wrongly) before, many moons ago. thumbsdown.gif

I now compete against MYSELF.

Those blood suckers...... mad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

Just imagine, if you win and competition, 10 to 20 % of the price $$$ goes to the federation........ Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image, to Tao Li for being the first to piss those whatever federations off......

Bro Porker and Tashi, in ending, the irony of it all is a BodyBuilding Federation being run NOT by former bodybuilders, but a bunch of morons.

ya, irony... cos it would require someone with the fortitude and discipline, and consistency, of doing bodybuilding HANDS-ON, for decades, to understand the pains, the tortures, the struggles, and sweat of bodybuilders. I do wish such organizations eventually get those who walk the talk, but like you, I have the heaviest of hearts and the most serious of doubts.

blessings

+

hi bro Porker

I see that bro Tong's thighs have dramatically improved with the cuts and also size. Anyhow, in SG, bodybuilding can only be a passion from historical instances, so perhaps bro Tong was right to leave the scene and focus on his real career and who knows, eventually a family and all. Life's realities I guess.

blessings

+

Turbocharged

Never mind deh. Just train and progress for yourself and no one else. Prize money is a bonus even though it be shared. Its the same all over the world. My friend in HK National team... same thing there. US Pro league... look at how Ronnie the preggie man dominated the scene for 8 yrs.

Joe Weider is a c0ck sucker to say the least

↡ Advertisement