Road Trip to Ipoh

Astro

Popped by Big Tree Foot Hawker centre after 6 hrs drive from Tuas checkpoint, 3 pee stops + 1 time 3/4 tank refuel.

Original site closed for renovations

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

New structured building directly next to old site. Opens 8-5pm daily.

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

Pomelo tree outside resident's gate, opposite the hawker centre:

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

Wah Bro, 6 hours to Ipoh with so many pee stops and 1 petrol stop.. You drive 150km/hr all the way ah?? Cos it took me 7.5 hrs driving between 110-130km/h with 2 pee stops and 2 petrol stops. Enjoy the good food in Ipoh!! huat ah..

BTW, any bros going to ipoh this coming weekend?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Wah Bro, 6 hours to Ipoh with so many pee stops and 1 petrol stop.. You drive 150km/hr all the way ah?? Cos it took me 7.5 hrs driving between 110-130km/h with 2 pee stops and 2 petrol stops. Enjoy the good food in Ipoh!! huat ah..

Mid week traffic very light.

Also, the route that I took possibly saved some time. Instead of heading the usual route & split left towards Sungei Buloh where traffic is heavy & lots of big trucks, I took E35 (Guthrie Corridor). Super light traffic but Downside to taking this route was the number of toll booths ( 5 or 6, lost count), each deduction abt RM1.90 - 2.90.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Feel like driving to Malaysia over this long weekend, but scared of the jams at the checkpoints.
  • Praise 2

Malaysian drives on the left lane.

The radius is enough to head in on the right side.

Left side, not possible to head in. Reverse in is easier.

Singaporean drives in the middle. So can only do reverse park for both sides.

:XD:

Find that typically MY drivers are courteous & considerate, but comes weekend & holiday period, the Monsters in them reared their ugly head; must be the stress of having more alien traffic in their country.

I was able to have a very smooth drive to Ipoh, almost uninterrupted except for a couple of those oblivious ones who forgot to look in their rear mirror. Didn't have to use right signal to get them to 'siam'.

Parking headlong in mostly done by MY drivers.

sure jam... my KL friend is driving here on Sun, go back on Mon... I said "good luck" [laugh]

I thought u are going to Penang to makan durians with ur KL friend?

Saw a road side durian stall today in Bercham, couldn't stop becos of the evening peak hrs traffic.

Mid week traffic very light.

Also, the route that I took possibly saved some time. Instead of heading the usual route & split left towards Sungei Buloh where traffic is heavy & lots of big trucks, I took E35 (Guthrie Corridor). Super light traffic but Downside to taking this route was the number of toll booths ( 5 or 6, lost count), each deduction abt RM1.90 - 2.90.

Don't bluff, I always take E35 (must stop by Klang for my favourite Bak Kut Teh) and I can't get to Ipoh in 6 hours, you must be the fastest "tame" driver I know. hahaha....

• Praise 3

Don't bluff, I always take E35 (must stop by Klang for my favourite Bak Kut Teh) and I can't get to Ipoh in 6 hours, you must be the fastest "tame" driver I know. hahaha....

'Tame' is the image I portray to others...until I get behind the steering wheel .

I thought u are going to Penang to makan durians with ur KL friend?

Saw a road side durian stall today in Bercham, couldn't stop becos of the evening peak hrs traffic.

unfortunately i can't make the trip so soon. Will plan for July and maybe pop over to Hat Yai if time permits. The hor fun there is sedaaap 

store #1 in this blog

http://tayleechin.blogspot.sg/2015/12/eating-in-hatyai.html

I brought my friend n his wife there for dinner on our first day there. Later that night, he wanted go back there for supper LOL

btw the store does both hor fan and bee hoon. And u can choose dry or wet.

• Praise 2

'Tame' is the image I portray to others...until I get behind the steering wheel .

• Praise 2

tame(racing)driver mah

btw which BKT in Klang? usually I go to "four eyes"

the soup is more like a stew and goes very well with rice.

tame(racing)driver mah

btw which BKT in Klang? usually I go to "four eyes"

the soup is more like a stew and goes very well with rice.

My regular Klang BKT haunt. Tried a few other shops in Klang but this remains my favourite but if you like the dry type, there is another joint that may be better.

Four Eyes? Never try before, maybe next trip. Thanks for sharing.

post-24635-0-82881600-1461854964_thumb.jpeg

My regular Klang BKT haunt. Tried a few other shops in Klang but this remains my favourite but if you like the dry type, there is another joint that may be better.

Four Eyes? Never try before, maybe next trip. Thanks for sharing.

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

ahh ok thanks.

I usually go to Klang only for dinner, thus have never tried the breakfast/lunch BKT stalls. Sometimes I reach Four Eyes just as they are taking their last orders.

• Praise 1

post-109106-0-39311700-1461771475_thumb.

This plant looks like not Pomelo tree.

Think it's a very good herbal plant(forget the name).

The fruit is very useful in curing certain sickness.

• Praise 1

post-109106-0-39311700-1461771475_thumb.

This plant looks like not Pomelo tree.

Think it's a very good herbal plant(forget the name).

The fruit is very useful in curing certain sickness.

I thought that since Ipoh is known for its Pomelo fruit, this was probably a Pomelo tree.

Come to think of it, it also resembles those trees & fruits grown on the grounds in Borobudur in Central Java, which I visited last yr.

I thought that since Ipoh is known for its Pomelo fruit, this was probably a Pomelo tree.

Come to think of it, it also resembles those trees & fruits grown on the grounds in Borobudur in Central Java, which I visited last yr.

Pomelo fruit grow on the tip of the branch, many years back when fil got cancer we hunt high and low for this fruit.

For info - this fruit cannot touch metal, no metal knife or metal pot to cook.

Inside is all whitish yellow but after cooking for 2~3 hours the water is black.

Think the name of the plant is "wen xian gou"

Next time if you go there again can ask them about this plant.

• Praise 1

Pomelo fruit grow on the tip of the branch, many years back when fil got cancer we hunt high and low for this fruit.

For info - this fruit cannot touch metal, no metal knife or metal pot to cook.

Inside is all whitish yellow but after cooking for 2~3 hours the water is black.

Think the name of the plant is "wen xian gou"

Next time if you go there again can ask them about this plant.

Probably same fruit that my guide explained; that the name of Borobodur came from this tree. I didn't pay attention to details but vaguely recalled him mentioning about medicinal properties of this fruit.

So, did the consumption of this fruit work on your FIL?

Probably same fruit that my guide explained; that the name of Borobodur came from this tree. I didn't pay attention to details but vaguely recalled him mentioning about medicinal properties of this fruit.

So, did the consumption of this fruit work on your FIL?

Me also interested to know if it works.

↡ Advertisement