Road Trip to Ipoh

Astro

lol

I was telling my passengers that VW must chk the Passat steering column. Maybe cannot turn left.

Good one, lol.....better watch out for VW owners hentum u.

↡ Advertisement

Can anyone share places with good food in Ipoh? Will be going during Jun Hols.

Just booked a unit at Haven, looks like some condotel. Any feedback on this place?

Another makan place I'd been, 6-7x for dinners:

post-109106-0-71933200-1459863748_thumb.jpeg

post-109106-0-73912400-1459863775_thumb.jpeg

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

Another makan place I'd been, 6-7x for dinners:

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

wah Mun Choong looks good... nice reviews on other food blogs. Gonna complain to my Ipoh friend for not telling me abt it [laugh]

seems to suit larger groups? I usually am in groups of 2-3 pax when in Ipoh.

wah Mun Choong looks good... nice reviews on other food blogs. Gonna complain to my Ipoh friend for not telling me abt it [laugh]

It's so popular that it has added more floors to its building. Originally 2 levels only. Very crowded on holidays & weekends, hosting wedding dinners. Once I was seated on 2nd level with wedding party....very lively singing but noisy.

Some of the dishes that me & friends usually ordered : shredded ginger chicken, golden pillow chicken (stewed chicken wrapped in bread dough), crab meat wrap, big headed prawns (head & body cooked & served separately).....many more....walau, typing it out makes me wanna salivate liao. Can't wait to go there later this month.

It's so popular that it has added more floors to its building. Originally 2 levels only. Very crowded on holidays & weekends, hosting wedding dinners. Once I was seated on 2nd level with wedding party....very lively singing but noisy.

Some of the dishes that me & friends usually ordered : shredded ginger chicken, golden pillow chicken (stewed chicken wrapped in bread dough), crab meat wrap, big headed prawns (head & body cooked & served separately).....many more....walau, typing it out makes me wanna salivate liao. Can't wait to go there later this month.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Oops, sorry! Something wrong with this website earlier on. Only clicked 'reply' once but it hanged. Tried to cancel but.....then there're 3 identical posts.

(edited)

This restaurant caters to anyone who can pay lah, so no worry about just 2-3 pax.

I going to dine there this month, single pax. Probably just order 1 dish seafood Hor Fun or fried rice.

Better dine at bigger restaurants if alone, becos of safety factor.

Edited by TameDriver

Turbocharged

This restaurant caters to anyone who can pay lah, so no worry about just 2-3 pax.

I going to dine there this month, single pax. Probably just order 1 dish seafood Hor Fun or fried rice.

Better dine at bigger restaurants if alone, becos of safety factor.

ok thanks! Ipoh is generally a safe place, compared to KL and JB but yeah, better to take precautions.

long time ago I arrived Ipoh at night abt 10pm. Had a late dinner alone at a kopitiam at Pasir Puteh. Ordered hor fun fm the chze char store.

When the food arrived, I wanted to pay for it but the store assistant said to pay later (as is common in Msia). However my mind was occupied with other stuff. After I finished my food, I hurriedly went to my car and drove off [crazy]

While en route to my hotel, I remembered I had yet to pay for the food and had to return to pay the store LOL

to be on topic, those that like to have coffee & cakes can try this place https://www.facebook.com/cafedeeight/timeline

http://www.jjzai.com/2014/08/cafe-de-eight-jalan-koo-chong-kong-ipoh.html

There're many hipster cafes in Ipoh, but I found this to serve good strong coffee. Cakes seem decent although I've not personally tried them.

the postcard service seems gimmicky to me but some (younger crowd?) seem to like it.

the streets here are rather deserted after 8pm. Easy to find parking, although some may find it too dark for comfort. I think of it as a lighthouse in the middle of nowhere LOL

Neutral Newbie

Can anyone share places with good food in Ipoh? Will be going during Jun Hols.

Just booked a unit at Haven, looks like some condotel. Any feedback on this place?

If it is Haven Lakeside, it`s located away from town, after Lost World. They have a restaurant there and free breakfast buffet. Not bad for the food. A swimming pool. Other than that, a quiet place away from buzzing town.

As for food, will need to head towards the old town. More adventurous, try to search for big tree (yong tau hoo). This is a hawker centre (there are 2 of them side by side, I meant the hawker centres). Further down the road, a restaurant whch sell roast pork/duck. Tks.

• Praise 1

Hi, will any members travelling up to Ipoh this weekend 16th of April? [rolleyes]

I will be driving up on Saturday morning and Hope to see some Singapore Cars in Ipoh. [wave]

Hi, will any members travelling up to Ipoh this weekend 16th of April? [rolleyes]

I will be driving up on Saturday morning and Hope to see some Singapore Cars in Ipoh. [wave]

Lunch time you go to the Lou Wong chicken rice area. Sure to see SG cars there!!!

Lunch time you go to the Lou Wong chicken rice area. Sure to see SG cars there!!!

Thanks Adrianli, might go there for lunch on Sunday.

I driving there last wkend of this month.

If going to Lou Wong, get ready small notes for the 'parking wardens' hanging around the parking lots.

The other time i was at Ipoh, don't remember seeing sg cars there?! Maybe i went during the wrong timing which was not school holidays?! Lol.

Lau Wong has several branches, i suppose. here's one i saw when i went to Thean Chun for its famous hor fun and satay. i understand the caramel egg custard is delicious as well.

Ong Kee is not too bad as well for its bean sprout and chicken.

post-118237-0-41607400-1460445739_thumb.jpg

post-118237-0-07015100-1460446115_thumb.jpg

• Praise 4

Thanks for the recommendation Spinelli_ck, This will be my 4th time driving up to Ipoh.

The last few time I was there I can hardly see any SG cars around on the road except at a few hotels car park.

This time round I will be staying at the Heritage Hotel, although it's near the city but not so heavy traffic.

I will be the only driver and Come to think of the distant from SG to Ipoh already making me tired. [sweatdrop]

• Praise 2

Thanks for the recommendation Spinelli_ck, This will be my 4th time driving up to Ipoh.

The last few time I was there I can hardly see any SG cars around on the road except at a few hotels car park.

This time round I will be staying at the Heritage Hotel, although it's near the city but not so heavy traffic.

I will be the only driver and Come to think of the distant from SG to Ipoh already making me tired. [sweatdrop]

The distance between SG to Ipoh could be the reason why we seldom can see sg cars in Ipoh.

↡ Advertisement