What exactly is Autoglym SRP?

Booboon

Hi detailing Gurus,

As above question, does SRP contain any abrasives? Will frequent application (lets say once every 2 weeks application) thin down the car paint? Have been reading this forum and recieved contridicting report, some say it contains abrasive while others say no, it is strictly a chemical polish. [confused][confused][confused]

Currently I m using DG101, but the curioisty part of me would like to try SRP one day.

What is the function of the microscopic "resin" found in it.

Anyone?

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

Don't know but all I can say is it works pretty well.

I always add another layer of wax after applying the SRP

Simple..try to squeeze some on to your finger..is kind of sandy feel.. contain mild abrasive in it.. possibilty of thining down the clear coat by hand is quite impossible...

I used it once in a while on stubborn stain which cannot be removed with hard rubbing with 101 or 501. Quite effective. Of course, use a slight bit to prevent wearing of the clear coat

its very nice, made the ride very shiny but then I lazy to use wax after polish haha until I find a good one.. the current ones I got is very hard to remove and always get stuck in between gaps.

SRP has very mild abrasive properties. Unless you're using a rotary or orbital buffer, it should not wear down the clear coat with frequent applications like once a month. For touch ups in between, recommend you use a quick detailer spray instead. Do note that SRP doesn't last very long by itself. It's a cleaner wax then still requires a wax or sealant topcoat in order to preserve the newly-cleaned surface.