Citibank dividend platinum vs Shell Personal Card

Silklee

The shell personal card gives 3% discount on top of whatever discount is given at the station. However, as far as I know the citibank dividend platinum card gives 5% rebate, but seems to come with a catch that you need to hit 10k of spending on the card in a 2 year time frame to get the rebate.

If that the case, isnt the citibank dividend card a better deal? Did I miss something?

↡ Advertisement

Yes the citibank dividend card is giving 5% rebate in cash (accumulate in 3 or 4 months). At times Citibank has promo with esso that on top of the 5%, additional 3% discount. Meaning the say total 8% rebate exclude the station discount. [thumbsup]

I am not sure about the 10K spending issue.

Bro, I'm on dividend card for 1 year liao. No need to hit 10K la, as long as your rebate amoutn hit a min of $50 for that month, citibank will send you a cheque.

$50 for a month?

So if didnt hit $50 worth of rebate, does it mean its gone? or its accumulative from month to month.

correct. been using dividend card for a long time liao. every 3 to 4 mths, will send u cheque if u hit above $50.

i think shell personal card must pay by giro. That means u can't use credit card if u use shell personal card.

i think the discount as follows:

shell personal card: 5% (station discount) + 3% (shell personal card) = 8%

dividend card: 5% (station discount) + 5% (dividend card) = 10%

Its accumulative. For example:

1st month: $30 worth of rebate (Not $50 yet, so rebate is snowballed to next month.)

2nd month: $28 worth of rebate (Have exceeded the min amount of $50, so they will issue u a cheque of $30 + $28 = $58 at one shot.)

i don't think it gone ba... maybe u can call their helpdesk. i think it should be accumulative..

if u are the type who everyday use car and per month petrol can hit $350 consistently, by calculation with 5% discount you can accumulate $52.5 of dividend rebate liao within 3mths. every 3 mths got cash cheque to take. [rolleyes]

Thats one thing y i like the dividend cards, the cash rebates! Better than any kind of points whatsoever. I also like the 2% rebate for F&B. So I always volunteer to pay the bill first for everyone [sly]

Turbocharged
correct. been using dividend card for a long time liao. every 3 to 4 mths, will send u cheque if u hit above $50.

i think shell personal card must pay by giro. That means u can't use credit card if u use shell personal card.

i think the discount as follows:

shell personal card: 5% (station discount) + 3% (shell personal card) = 8%

dividend card: 5% (station discount) + 5% (dividend card) = 10%

dividend card if used with esso will have another 3% so will be

5% (station discount) + 5% (dividend card) + 3% Esso Kiosk = 13%

Neutral Newbie

The promotion is found in the monthly statement for citibank credit cards.

It is 8 % return (5% cash back + 3 % rebate) for Citibank Dividend Platinum. Promo till 31 May 08.

↡ Advertisement