Old School Fast Cars!

Turbobrick

Yeah.....saw it in Initial D....is the car really that great as portrayed in the anime?

So u mean to say that those in SG are not Truenos but Levins,even though they have the Trueno emblem on?I saw two of such cars parked next to each other at Marina South,where the former KFC used to be......looked real good in real life...almost as good as Takumi made it out to be...

Rick

As far as I know the Trueno here are rebadged Levins. See one with the pop up headlights yet?

yep....have seen a few ard here.....

Rick

Hmm.. how can ya forgot my old babe in yellow skin? :P

RX7 GT Turbo! Last model of the FB series before FC came in with Turbo! then came FD with single and later with twin turbo..

- 1.3L twin rotor

- Turbocharged

- 13" rim with 195mm tyres at the rear.

- 170rbhp

All possible tweaks:

- Microtech MT-4 ECU

- T04 Turbine

- HKS Intercooler

- 2.5" downpipe

- 14" 225mm rear to put the power down and still not enough.

Mother of all fav drag car in US!

Neutral Newbie

My brick still park on level 2 as always [sunny]

I do go out during the day so maybe we just miss each other most of the time [:/]

Turbocharged
(edited)

Hi MrBoob,

Glad to hear from another Celica lover [:)] . Sorry i didn't get to read your posting until now....... was away from home for a while [;)]

Ah, i have just changed to extractor (4-to-2 without cat but straight thru exhaust) and boy, the car now has better 'pick-up' and punch all the way up to 4000rpm [thumbsup][thumbsup]

I will be trying out K&N filter soon but not sure what distributor to change to. Any advice will be great [:)]

Spark Injector: is it just a black tube to all my sparkplug lines or it's the spark plug cable? sorry, i'm abit lost here, hope you don't mind giving some advice [:)]

".......That will give you some extra 20 hp. .....", i need the extra 20 ponies real bad [;)]

btw : the road tax is max 50% surcharge on the 1600cc engine although i suspect the previous owner has overhauled it to 1800cc or more, sssshh!

yeah, Australia has some awesome modified ones that will really make me drooollllll ....... they easily put out 200-300hp with turbo charger [thumbsup][thumbsup]

there are about 6 of us in SGP here who drive our classic celicas around (two have just completed their restoration)........ hope to meet up with you together one day soon to learn from 'grand master' of celica [:)]

cheers

Edited by Ysfoo

Neutral Newbie

Hey Foo,

I am planning to meet-up the guys at the MCF Garage tomorrow night 1/8/02 ... you think you can come along. I'd love to see your car, brings back old memories when the car used to be a chick-magnet ....

I can bring pics of my Celica T40R -

"Spark Injector: is it just a black tube to all my sparkplug lines or it's the spark plug cable?" - BOTH. You know there is this one black tube on the left hand side of the boot that connects to a single line into the distributor. That the tube - CHANGE. Spark plug lines, also change - but I dun know about availability. Might be difficult to find.

MY GOD - Your Road Tax kills !! How much S$1200 per 6 months ??

Hey meet me up and we can talk - I'd love to c your car ...

Turbocharged
(edited)

Hi,

thanks for the info [:)] ....... i should be able to meet you guys (even for a short while) if i could fetch my wife around 8pm in town afte the meetup......... you see i am doing some kinda of 'confinement' at home to recover from a recent surgery (stomach)........ i am actually ok to move around just that she's abit 'kiasu' and feels i should literally stay home. if i sneek out to meet you guys (i'm actually bored at home) before picking her up, it should be ok.

Do you guys meet weekly, fortnightly? btw, i have read the meetup folder but can't see when/where is the meetup tomorrow? maybe i'm blur........

Cheers

YS Foo

Edited by Ysfoo

Turbocharged

Thanks.......... i will tell wify that the old celica needs a spin after dinner...... too long staying in the parking lot and she needs some exercise [;)][;)]

please sms me if there's any change 96713350........

cheers

There is a Trueno near my place own by an old man(not the same guy in the comics [laugh] )

Erm... its quite a sight actually cuz the car is immaculate, cherry red with black rims and full leather interior. I always 'beo' his car when I go by the coffeeshop (he drinks kopi there one)

SG only has the Levin, too bad the real treunos didn't make it to SG shores. [:(]

Many here have lost their old school magic and charm.

U watched Initial D? Damn cool animation [cool]

↡ Advertisement