Old School Fast Cars!

Turbobrick

Hi! there, Guyver,

It's the most powderful when it's the Sledgehammer.

Callaway Engineering built a one-off, that hit 254.76mph/410kmh at a conservative 898hp at the flywheel in 1989.

Rgds

Paul Yong[/reply]

Wow!! that's what i call power man....

↡ Advertisement

Viper got 450bhp stock lah, new one coming with 500bhp [cool]

Whichever version it's coming... won't be able to own one yet.... [:(]

Neutral Newbie

Here's a Jap Icon [cool]

THE TOYOTA AE86 Sprinter Trueno!

Engine Form 4A-GEU

Engine Type l-4 DOHC

Displacement (cc) 1587

Horsepower (PS/rpm) 130/6600

Torque (kgm/rpm) 15.2/5200

Fuel capacity (liter) 50

Transmission 5MT

Brakes (Fr / Rr) V-discs/ Discs

Tyres (Fr / Rr) 185/70R13

Suspension (Fe/Rr) Strut/link

Weight (kg) 960 [cool]

post-49-1024319657_thumb.jpg

post-49-1024319658_thumb.jpg

Neutral Newbie

Bingo..... this is the one I was mentioning to Diver..... fun car to drive..

The later one has a LSD and slightly retuned spring rates and is very fun to drive..... but can "float" on stock shocks [cool]

In Canada, they call it the Corolla GTS Hatchback....... [sly] one of the Twin Cam Jap hot rods in the affordable segment ...

Where did you find this info, TB? Anymore for read up ?

Neutral Newbie

Great site, TB !! [sly]

I think I still see one or two on SG road.... too bad they did not restore to the original look........ too beng on some of the mods (like big rear spoiler etc... )

A classic hot-hatch..... years before the Civic-era.....

Neutral Newbie

SG only has the Levin, too bad the real treunos didn't make it to SG shores. [:(]

Many here have lost their old school magic and charm.

U watched Initial D? Damn cool animation [cool]

Neutral Newbie

Dug this up from some archives....anybody remember this ?

If anything, it was from a time when the marque actually meant something..... [:/]

post-49-1024586870_thumb.jpg

Neutral Newbie

Yup, Stratos, it is. In full classic Alitalia look with them nasty gold rims long before anyone ever heard of a WRX that they're so infamous for. Pity Lancia never came anywhere close to making another like it. Especially for the road. I mean, c'mon, no one ever looked at a Dedra and went 'WOW.....' [:/]

Turbocharged
(edited)

Hi Guys,

I enjoying reading these 'lau-heero' cars of bygone years! The Stratos is one of my favourites. Keep a few scale models of it, can't afford the real one. It had Dino engine right?

BTW, i have a classic celica (1st generation): 73 coupe with a twin-carb, really old school! Recently did a moderate re-build body-wise, now looking for a little bit more punch for the old dog :-)........... bought a extractor from a scrapped Carina coupe, planning to fix it plus upgrade the stock resonant box and tail box to performance type, what do you guys think: go for full straight thru' as far as possible while keeping noise level not too much above legal level? will this achieve any detectable increase in mid and low end power? this is for the fun of cruising, not really serious performance play, i know the old dog has its limit and also do not think i should spend too much for this purpose. it's quite fun cruising in this almost 30 years old "mother of beng cars" and just relax.................

Sorry to ask so much here, i am 'green' in these things. Is there a proper forum for me to discuss this?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Ysfoo

Neutral Newbie

Hi Ys, U hardcore oldies fan eh?

Well you could bring your discussion to the Jap forum since it's a Toyota restoration U're doing. [:)]

Yeah.....saw it in Initial D....is the car really that great as portrayed in the anime?

So u mean to say that those in SG are not Truenos but Levins,even though they have the Trueno emblem on?I saw two of such cars parked next to each other at Marina South,where the former KFC used to be......looked real good in real life...almost as good as Takumi made it out to be...

Rick

Neutral Newbie

Hey Yo Buddy ....

I used to drive a Celica T40 (2nd generation) long time ago. Same specs as yours twin carb.

Still have pics of it and still dreaming of those years when I use to be the King of the Streets. Mod until siow ....

Frankly, I think with this Celica just to this is enough :-

1) Overhaul engine - change pistons

2) K&N filter - might need to modify to fit both carbs.

3) Extractor - change to 4-to-2 with a full-flow cat.

4) Distributor

4) Spark Injector (damn I can't remember what its called) - Its the black tube to all your sparkplug lines - I remember the red ones are the garang ones.

That will give you some extra 20 hp.

btw : how much you paying for Road Tax - I think it kills ..... S$1048 for six months. Still love the sight of that car everytime I see it - though not often now .... Australia has some awesome modified ones that will make you drooollllll .......

Neutral Newbie
Yeah.....saw it in Initial D....is the car really that great as portrayed in the anime?

So u mean to say that those in SG are not Truenos but Levins,even though they have the Trueno emblem on?I saw two of such cars parked next to each other at Marina South,where the former KFC used to be......looked real good in real life...almost as good as Takumi made it out to be...

Rick

As far as I know the Trueno here are rebadged Levins. See one with the pop up headlights yet?

↡ Advertisement