Recommend SLS shop for Desktop repairs

Tunge

bigcry.gifHello folks, my PC died on me and i've tried troubleshooting all possible reasons, com just cannot start up! smallcry.gif

wanna head down to SLS for repairs/upgrade with new motherboard cos i think that's the problem. any shops to recommend?

↡ Advertisement

i checked PSU. ram, Hard Disk, Graphics card, DVD rom, CMOS batt, IDE cabel... problem don't seem to be from them.. so I guess the mobo is gone...

That is why smart ppl usually have a second hard or even third HD disk which is used to contain the 'hot' stuff [sly][laugh] ...if PC down then remove the 'hot' HDs and sent PC to servicing with C drive as HD for OS only! [laugh]

Turbocharged

that's what i did..i had 2 slave drives running for my storage..anything happened, format my main drive can liao..

bigcry.gifHello folks, my PC died on me and i've tried troubleshooting all possible reasons, com just cannot start up! smallcry.gif

wanna head down to SLS for repairs/upgrade with new motherboard cos i think that's the problem. any shops to recommend?

Think your BIOS is gone liao .....

If motherboard no lights ... then maybe power supply.

i checked PSU. ram, Hard Disk, Graphics card, DVD rom, CMOS batt, IDE cabel... problem don't seem to be from them.. so I guess the mobo is gone...

Think could be BIOS liao ....

went down to SLS Bell Systems at level 5... pretty good service...

did troubleshoot w them and concluded that mobo is faulty. so replaced new mobo... was tempted to upgrade to Core 2 Duo CPU but than decided to save the money cos my P4 CPU is still working fine. new mobo also have on board graphics which is better that the one i currently have so in a way that's an upgrade, also go a 2G DDR2 ram and new DVD writer.

when back and re-installed my Win XP and really glad that no data lost...

will do more upgrade when next com fair arrives!