M'sian minister says price controls 'a joke'

Meecar

No matter how they revise the fuel prices, it'll still be way cheaper to pump there... At least there are some form of control, unlike here...

Record inflation and stagnant wage for the workers is happening at every single country in asia and many part of the world right now - Singapore is not unique in this case.

For that amount of fuel subsidies MY is giving, i think Sinkapoh govt is easily earning 2-3 times that amount in tax revenue instead. [:|][:|][:|]

Edited by Hiphiphoray

Turbocharged
price control is to rein in election results bah.. after elections, voters r redundant and useless liaoz.

well, im sure they are picking up a trick or two from MIW..... [sweatdrop]

And also to fund their million dollar salaries... They are also saving up for the next GE mah... If not no perks to give out to lure people to vote for them...

Turbocharged
http://news.asiaone.com/News/AsiaOne%2BNew...0324-55911.html

Better fill all your petrol needs before it is too late

I suspect the M'aian Minister must be reading MyCarforum postings

You've given only the half-story. Read the full story, and the minister's right.

Basically, he said that imposing price controls is unrealistic because ultimately supply and demand and market conditions will win out, creating a lot of black market and smuggling issues.

Rather than spend so much effort on price controls to keep things affordable, he looked at the problem from the other end and concluded that salaries should go up! Rightly so, inflation means that prices of goods and services increase. And why not salaries as well? By right, the prices for our services should increase as well...

Bro OT abit, u noticed nowadays they deploy ICA officers at checkpoints to divert traffic? Are we supposed to do their bidding? [:/]

Last wk, coming back to SG, i queued up at this particular lane/booth with 2cars ahead of me. Meaning i was the third car. Initially he asked me go join the jam but i didnt.

Den tis bugger i tink buay song, ask me reverse out and join the jam! WTF! [furious]

I wasnt even cutting queue or blocking any car so wad exactly is his prob? Is this the way they show their unhappiness? [rifle]

↡ Advertisement