Any recommendations for getting a LCD monitor

Tanjm348

Neutral Newbie

Abit pai say [sweatdrop] ...still using 15" CRT monitor...any recommendations for LCD monitor for my seldom use desktop. Too much choices on the market, its giving me a headache.

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

Let me narrow down 2 brands for you.

Samsung or LG. They built some of the best LCD mointors

Also.... You want wat size? 19 inch? 22 inch? Normal or widescreen?

You may wish to check out the forums at sg.hardwarezone.com. In addition to Samsung and LG models as recommended brands to consider, the Acer 22" one has also been regarded to be as superior, if not better than the Samsung models out there.

Neutral Newbie

What are the price...I think cost will be the driving factor. Most of my work are done on my company laptop. The LCD monitor is just to get rid of the big CRT which is taking up space.

Supercharged

Since seldom use, just get a 19" widescreen will be fine. 19" widescreen starts from around $260. IT show coming 6-9 Mar at Suntec City. [;)]

Abit pai say [sweatdrop] ...still using 15" CRT monitor...any recommendations for LCD monitor for my seldom use desktop. Too much choices on the market, its giving me a headache.

Just get the 30" LCD!! [thumbsup][thumbsup]

Neutral Newbie

Since seldom use, just get a 19" widescreen will be fine. 19" widescreen starts from around $260. IT show coming 6-9 Mar at Suntec City.

Is it safe to go since the most wanted man is still on the loose? [rolleyes]

Personally prefer Viewsonic panels. Prices are really cheap these days for LCDs, so the safer bet is to go for something 19" and above so that if you want to convert your desktop into a personal home theater, the screen size is still acceptable for personal viewing.

if money no object, get EIZO 24" widescreen supports up to 2048 x 1328. [scholar]

↡ Advertisement