How bad was the checkpoints jam yesterday?

Karoon

both Tuas and Causeway.

heard exaggerated tales by people but anybody actually caught in it?

(i was stuck coming back into sg on sat by causeway... 1hr on jb side, 15 mins on sg side)

↡ Advertisement

I came back at about 12am last nite. Only took me 20 minutes to get from JB to SG.

No jam on the causeway. I was really amazed.

Heard stories that Tuas Checkpoint was congested badly.

Anyone can comment?

Link No. 1 all clear last nite.

i was at coming back from KL to SG through the Tuas secondlink at ard 5pm. The JB side is ok, took ard 20min to clear, the killer is at SG side, took us ard 1hr to clear.

bro, u sibe KUT LAT leh.... 0400 go pump petrol???

Happy CNY, time to get serious liao [sly] call me when u done with your painting okay [;)]

Buay kut lat cannot leh bro... The prices of petrol is farking ridiculous... I expected an huge jam for the weekend leading up to CNY so I didn't go in and pump... Did a full tank top up on CNY eve and the bill came up to $115 for Shell95... dizzy.gifdizzy.gifdizzy.gifbigcry.gifbigcry.gifbigcry.gif

Yup... Time to get serious alright... Will call you by this weekend to arrange...

the petrol is really killing.....

be more light foot lor... bo bian.... now i also travel around 80KM/HR.... buey tahan to rev more.... wallet sibe pain [shakehead]

both Tuas and Causeway.

heard exaggerated tales by people but anybody actually caught in it?

(i was stuck coming back into sg on sat by causeway... 1hr on jb side, 15 mins on sg side)

I drove back from Malacca to S'pore yesterday, entering through 2nd Link (Tuas). Started the trip at 4:30pm and reached home about 10:00pm. I expected the jam, as the hotels in Malacca were packed with S'pore plate cars. I could travel at 120kmh up to Machap, but beyond that the speed dropped to 40-80kmh. I counted one chain collision involving a S-plate Stream and 2 other cars (which is better than last year, about 6 collisions). Buses and cars were using the road shoulder as the fast lane, and I could see a few Malaysian TPs trying to get the people off the road shoulder. Upon reaching the causeway..there was no jam at all at the Johor side, but the queue at SG side started at the halfway point on the causeway. I took the right-most lane (which was faster) rather than the middle lane where cars were struggling with queue cutters coming in from the bus/lorry lane. I think it took about 40 mins to clear the S'pore customs, which is pretty good considering the number of cars.

Edited by Count_dukulangsat

Neutral Newbie

Came back from Second Link last night reaching the bridge at about 9pm+ I think. Yes, was jammed. The queue started halfway before the top of the bridge linking the two shores.

Stuck to the right most lane like others said. Middle lane was bad as a lot of cars squeezed into the lorry/bus lane and it was a mad mad squeeze for 2 lanes into one when it came near to the divider for lorries/cars.

When reaching the actual immigration booths, stuck to the middle 2 lanes of block A1 (right most block). Noticed the right and left most lanes were kinda slow. Middle 2 had access to more counters so were faster.

What about Causeway leh? Anyone got any reports? Was wondering if it was worse than Tuas.

O ya, clearing the JB immigration side was surprisingly fast, less than 15 mins. Singapore side was bad... 30-45 mins?

Edited by Dm318

Buay kut lat cannot leh bro... The prices of petrol is farking ridiculous... I expected an huge jam for the weekend leading up to CNY so I didn't go in and pump... Did a full tank top up on CNY eve and the bill came up to $115 for Shell95... dizzy.gifdizzy.gifdizzy.gifbigcry.gifbigcry.gifbigcry.gif

Yup... Time to get serious alright... Will call you by this weekend to arrange...

time to go in north more often. pay half price instead [thumbsup]

I went in for petrol at around 0400H on sunday morning and only cleared the JayBee customs at around 0600H... dizzy.gifdizzy.gifdizzy.gif

indeed sunday was worst!! lots of coaches come back on wee sun morn [sweatdrop][dizzy]

came back sat night from pagoh..set off at 2100hrs..reach SG at 0010hrs..1hr10min longer than what i usually took..

jam at tuas bridge was about 30 mins..surprisingly, msia side clear..