Demerit Points - Advise Needed

Chuapcd

Hi,

I have a friend already rec'd 18 demerit points and he got another 24 points today for speeding (speed camera) meaning total 42 points, can someone let me know how long will be the suspension ? And how much he will likely be fined? Anyway, he could escape suspend? Thanks in advance.

↡ Advertisement

Should have court. If not can call up TP to enquire about the penalty.

Have a friend chalked up 24 pts at one go too, court case and appeal delayed it quite a bit, then eventually received 1 mth suspension. But it depends, I think.

Neutral Newbie

these days i see people speeding everywhere at any speed. pretty common i must say. it can happen anywhere anytime.

just last Friday evening 10pm i was driving on AMK ave 6 towards marymount road. it's a 70km/h road. i was in the middule lane driving at 75-80km/h. then i saw a white car was approaching me at incredible speed from behind. he then passed me from my left. it was a white subary legacy. his speed was at least 130km/h. then just a few minutes later, a wrx passing me from right. even faster. think at least 150km/h. i even didnt have a chance to see him from rear mirror. what's the penalty like if they got caught? hmm...

this could only be seen in malaysia years ago but nowadays, seems people dont take care of their license...

Turbocharged

Already 18 pts plus another 24 pts now. Cfm the 18 pts was when? At 1 time? And also for speeding? Most prob, fine, court case with 6 moths suspension or more. Can sell car liao.

Of course not..no one will be so silly to volunteer 24 pt which is a suspension. Just helping to check what could be the fine amt and suspend period.

I am not sure how long the suspension will be but I hope they will take away his license... Pls tell him to wake up his bright ideas of driving soon after so many demerit points. [hur]

He is a danger to all road users. [mad]

your friend is HIONG! [sweatdrop]

18 points liao still not scared [hur] serve him right [shakehead]

I 20 points liao everyday drive like aw gui. It will not be fair if you can get away with it.

can ask him to wake up... personally, i really hope these type of ppl forever no license to drive... he is endangering himself and many others...

but at the thought of many ppl speed and no license, there will be less congestion and will the garment lower erp rates and stuffs?? [scholar]

↡ Advertisement