Where you put the Thirsty Hippo?

Carlover76

Guys,

I understand some of you have put the Thirsty Hippo in your car to absorb the moisture in the car, may I check with you where you put it?

Inside Glovebox or cabin? Care to advise me, thanks.

↡ Advertisement

I was told that putting the Thirsty Hippo in the glove box can help to absorb the moisture from the air-con system, is that true?

friend...'how deep is your wallet''...meaning how much money u prepare to spend on this Hippo thingy...Once car door open, outside air come in...full of moisture...how many hippo u need to use and how much u can spend?

I put it at the centre console, where I can stuff it in. Good stuff, can last me abt 2 mths b4 it becomes full. You will be surprised at the amount of water collected.

Guys,

I understand some of you have put the Thirsty Hippo in your car to absorb the moisture in the car, may I check with you where you put it?

Inside Glovebox or cabin? Care to advise me, thanks.

Hi, buy a packet of charcoal. Will do the trick liao lah... afterwards can also use for BBQ !

Hi, I bought a pouch big enough to contain the Thirsty Hippo at Stamford Tyre and hang it behind the drive seat. I dont use Thristy Hippo, too expensive, I use another brand call Clever Camel 2, it's Cheaper. Cost about $1.60 to $2.00 for a pack of two. Sheng Siong got sell.

Best is put it somewhere that is not easily seen... Maybe under the front seats... Glove box is okay unless you have a lot of stuff in it...

In the boot is also good... Maybe place it in the cabin and in the boot...

And remember to secure it so it doesn't move around... i'm sure you dun want that container with water to be sliding around in your car when u drive.. worse still, spill the sticky water onto the carpet in your cabin...

Though it may be dry and low in humidity, it may still be quite damp especially due to the carpet in the cabin..

it may create a musky smell in your cabin if the cabin is quite humid..

The air con system actually dehumidify the cabin... Unless you leave it in the fresh air mode.. cos in singapore, our air is quite humid... unless other non - tropical countries...

The Humidity is intoduced when u open the door or wind down the window and introduce fresh air into the cabin... in this case, it'll help to reduce the humidity in the cabin..

Opening and closing the door can't be helped... But the thristy hippo will help to reduce the moisture content in the cabin... If the cabin is kept dry, it will prevent odour especially the musky smell from take away food, market stuff, shoes, etc...

By the way, the thirsty hippo can last about a month or two... And it's not that expensive... some pple may spend more on the perfume/ ionizer for their ride...

Thanks for your reply, currently I have put it in the glove box but just wonder will it be effective cos it is like enclosed area.

I have also put a packet of bamboo charcoal under driver's seat and the boot area, so far no bad odour. thumbsup.gif