Washing machines

Jusnel

Sigh. He thought I'm using the front load lor. And for those, 2x2ft is very enough liao lor.

Cannot modify coz my kitchen top...I customised granite for it. Cut choon choon liao.

that's the problem with everything all cut to exact shape and size.. headache when things go wrong and there's little room for future variation [:/]

↡ Advertisement

most washer come with pre-set functions, so you just have to press the buttons to select which type of clothing you are washing.

as for the capacity, i would suggest something like 7 to 9Kg.

if you don't have so much to wash on a weekly basis, can use the half load function. but when it come to big items like bedsheets, curtains, etc.. then this come in handy.

prices range from 300 odd to 500 +. of coz there's much cheaper or more expensive option as well.

since you buy plasma before, I guess you know which are the shops to check out..

Tat one u need 10kg tongue.gif

shocked.gif got 10kg washing machine meh? my kitchen no space to put dryer liao..let alone such big w.m!laugh.gif

mine is a custom-made cabinet that hide the w.m inside so cannot buy too big size

Got lah...i'm using one tongue.gifwink.gif

u use such big washing machine to wash your clothes plus mattress is it?tongue.gif

Ya ++ curtains and heavy duty stuff...no need go doby [:p]

Supercharged

My 7KG washing machine washes everything....queen size quilt and blanket....curtains etc...

(curtains have to wash 1 window at a time lah)...my place got plenty of windows.

my bedrooms all using dark color roller blind i think no need wash very frequently laugh.gif..except hall curtains..

I hate doing laundry most leh..if throw everything into washing machine will it spoilt the other fabrics? e.g curtains wash with clothes?

Spikey, washing powder or liquid depend on the washing machine. Generally, front load needs low sud washing powder. Using Dynamo or others will shorten it's life span.

Do not mix curtains with clothes. After washing yr curtains, just hang it back on the curtain rod.

For front load, after washing u hv to use a cloth to dry the tubing as it will prevent mould growing underneath it & keep the door open to air it.

Hv 2 laundry basket, 1 for coloured (exclude red), 1 for white. Just wash whichever one that has the most laundry & u wont go wrong. As for hanging yr laundry, go with hangar if u don't hv enuff space.

Thanks sis qpik thumbsup.gif

wat abt top loading one?I heard feedback about top and front but most likely going for top.I'm noob in these so I think I dun need a very good oneunsure.gif I still prefer hand wash for delicate garments and work attires.Most likely washer for rough garments like home wear. Liquid detergent better?

I bought those metal laundry poles.My mum said these may warp compared to bamboo poles.Is that true?The metal poles cost much more exp though.I bought $6.50..some places at $11+

Use to have 2 WM...the old 5kg National still in good working condition,so use it to wash dirty clothing like floor mat,my polishing cloth etc. Only the 10kg use it for household clothing,matress,curtains...of cos we dont mix them up,wash according to category. [rolleyes]

Supercharged

hmm...1 of my sisters used to go w top to save space but after 3yrs, the w.m mati & she convert to front. the rest of us r on front.

in spore, i used front but in thailand i used top. i find front better for my clothing lifespan. as for liquid detergent, if u r not going together w w.m, it is good to pre-soak those heavily soiled laundry. just fill the pail with water, once done, then pour in the detergent, stir to dissolve it then u put in yr laundry last. why u do these is to prevent excessive suds plus some detergent are so strong that if u pour onto yr laundry, it might cause the fabric colour to "whiten".

hmm...not sure abt metal poles cos i either use bamboo or clothing line (in thailand). 1 thing abt bamboo is tat u got to change the plastic covering after a few yrs. if u go for bamboo, go for thick ones but not hollow ones. to get replacement, go to those sundry shops and buy the plastic sheet. it comes folded up. strip yr bamboo pole naked. put on the new plastic, then pour boiling water to get it wrap up. once done, u hv new bamboo pole liao and it can be used immediately. do this if yr pole are still in good condition.

fuzzy logic is like the machine will use some brains lor. ie, if we didn't use our brain and put too much washing powder with too little clothes/water, then after the standard wash, there will still be alot of suds. Then this fuzzy logic brain will actually decide to rinse somemore. Of course it means it'll use more water lor.

So the best is still to use our brain more and use lesser fuzzy brain.

i'm getting washing machine for my new hse.Know nuts about washing machine..err..dun even really know the proper way to operate washing machine.I think to play safe I send my comforter/quilt to laundry betterlaugh.gif

white delicate clothes still can handwash not a prob.

u pour whole box of detergent into yr w.m ah?

btw hor is liquid detergent or powder better?

===================

My comforter/quilt I send to the DIY launderamat at Thomson Plaza or u can send to the Laundry Club on the 2nd floor just outside of the NTUC cashiers.

I prefer those front loading machine cos they use hot water so it's cleaner & more gentle on the clothes. Please only use detergent for front loading machines as they r different from the top loading type. I am using a Whirlpool for the last 12 years & it's still working well.

When u buy, ask the slaespple to teach u how to use. It's quite simple actually cos it's all automatic. Just like car. Put in "D" & go. [laugh]

Amount of detergent u have to follow the instructions. I use the liquid(Dynamo) & also powder type (Spin/Persil/Dynamo/Attack) & find them all about the same. Remember only use type for front loader.

So u buying a new machine for your new house. Does that mean u getting married? [sly]

My 7KG washing machine washes everything....queen size quilt and blanket....curtains etc...

(curtains have to wash 1 window at a time lah)...my place got plenty of windows.

=======================

It's exactly for this reason my wife is pestering me to get a >7kg washer. (My present one is 5kg).

But I calculate the price of a new washer compared to the cost of washing at the laundermat once or twice a year & think I prefer to stay with the old machine. [rolleyes][laugh]

it's a rough guide as to how big the barrel is. I feel it's nothing to do with if it really can handle that much of clothes or not.

I bought a F&P washing machine. Say what 10KG. Paid like $1K for it. Branded mah. End up I got problems with it and even the technician had to come down a few times and then acknowledge that it's better to wash lesser clothes like what we normally do for a smaller washer.

Then I asked him why I have to pay premium price for such a big washer but can only wash less-than-claimed amount of clothes cleanly? He also cannot answer.

=====================

Cos in SG, companies can make all sorts of claims (even though they r false) & nobody can do anything about it. [lipsrsealed]

I take all claims with a pinch of salt & only prefer those trusted old brands & try to check where it is made. I discovered that most washers now come from China irrespective of the brands. So buyer beware.

I think F&P is pretty famous for their refrigerators but for front loading washing machines, the market leaders are Bosch and Electrolux with good design, technology, function and trouble-free operation.

I believe the best washing machine is from Miele but they cost S$3000 and up. Their washing machines are made from some special material that is non-ferrous and does not rust!

↡ Advertisement