Washing machines

Jusnel

I see I see....just for discussion sake lah...for those who thinks that korean CMI....better think twice. But not all can make it too lah....aircon I still perfer those better brands...my friend told me to avoid LG at all cost. Cos its kaput damn fast.

But not all "traditional" brands are good too....Carrier is pui chow nuai....2yrs only gives me problem liao. For aircon....personal preference would be Sanyo, Toshiba, Mitsubishi or if $$$ permits...Daikin.

it's a rough guide as to how big the barrel is. I feel it's nothing to do with if it really can handle that much of clothes or not.

I bought a F&P washing machine. Say what 10KG. Paid like $1K for it. Branded mah. End up I got problems with it and even the technician had to come down a few times and then acknowledge that it's better to wash lesser clothes like what we normally do for a smaller washer.

Then I asked him why I have to pay premium price for such a big washer but can only wash less-than-claimed amount of clothes cleanly? He also cannot answer.

Last time daikin is really more expensive than any other brands. Nowadays the diff is nominal. Can consider. Although now it's made in indo or thai, but the quality is still good. ie, if there is a fault, you can tell the fault code from the remote control. Not always accurate, but good enough indicator lor.

sigh....but I bought Sharp coz my time....daikin still was like 50% more expensive. Sharp ok lor....bought it when plasmacluster first came out. It's the look nice factor -> resulting in feel good lor. [laugh]

Yes correct. Front load machines handles the clothes better. Furthermore you don't get so much of lint.

I conscientiously planned for a front load washer when designing the platform kerb for my kitchen. However, there was some miscommunication and the contractor gave me exactly 2ft x 2ft space. Although it's perfect dimension for a front load washer, but as it was in an awkward corner, there's no way I can move such a washer in. End up, I have to stick with top load or otherwise super expensive topload tumbler washer.

Life's such a bitch!

I see I see....just for discussion sake lah...for those who thinks that korean CMI....better think twice. But not all can make it too lah....aircon I still perfer those better brands...my friend told me to avoid LG at all cost. Cos its kaput damn fast.

But not all "traditional" brands are good too....Carrier is pui chow nuai....2yrs only gives me problem liao. For aircon....personal preference would be Sanyo, Toshiba, Mitsubishi or if $$$ permits...Daikin.

Those big names like LG, Samsung, Toshiba got so many different range of product, so only certain stuff is good. they can't be all rounder.

For air con, previously Sanyo have been one of the more reliable ones and command a premium. Daikin got their supporter coz at some point, all pte condo uses daikin ..

Mitsubishi have gain some ground due to their strong advertisement.

So far I have been using sanyo. been working well. [:)]

that sucks.. shd have ask that contractor to redo or to add on.. cannot be exact, must have allowance for piping mar..

even the china tiles worker from my condo doing defects know when he ask if I want to do mine.

Sigh. He thought I'm using the front load lor. And for those, 2x2ft is very enough liao lor.

Cannot modify coz my kitchen top...I customised granite for it. Cut choon choon liao.

cannot lor. When I realised the measurement was wrong, my kitchen cabinets were up. And the granite top was ready to be laid. I even had to ask them for that corner, the granite top cannot protrude too much. Otherwise it'll poke my washer.

Cham hor. Seems like either I buy low end top load washer or super high end top load tumbler.

My 7KG washing machine washes everything....queen size quilt and blanket....curtains etc...

(curtains have to wash 1 window at a time lah)...my place got plenty of windows.

my bedrooms all using dark color roller blind i think no need wash very frequently laugh.gif..except hall curtains..

I hate doing laundry most leh..if throw everything into washing machine will it spoilt the other fabrics? e.g curtains wash with clothes?

i'm getting washing machine for my new hse.Know nuts about washing machine..err..dun even really know the proper way to operate washing machine.I think to play safe I send my comforter/quilt to laundry betterlaugh.gif

white delicate clothes still can handwash not a prob.

u pour whole box of detergent into yr w.m ah?

btw hor is liquid detergent or powder better?

hiya -we just bought a Samsung WA11Q 9.0kg washing machine from Harvey Norman. Delivered last night smile.gif . It's got Silver nano wash (on top of silver filter) and costs $549 + $20 delivery. VERY good deal, coz my missus made a few calls to neighbourhood shops and Gain City etc... all sell $600+. According to HN salesman, HN bought the whole container-load of this model from Samsung, so my guess is the other retailers get from HN.

Reason I got this model with Silver nano is to prevent smelly clothes when there's no sun to dry them... Go check it out!

waseh..you big family need such big washing machine?dizzy.gif I most probably getting from neighborhood shop cheaper.I usually look around in big stores such as Courts, HN etc then call up neighborhood shops for quote..and go down order whichever is lowest, sometimes can bargain too which I did for my plasma TV laugh.gif

Tat one u need 10kg tongue.gif

shocked.gif got 10kg washing machine meh? my kitchen no space to put dryer liao..let alone such big w.m!laugh.gif

mine is a custom-made cabinet that hide the w.m inside so cannot buy too big size

Got lah...i'm using one tongue.gifwink.gif

u use such big washing machine to wash your clothes plus mattress is it?tongue.gif

For quick lesson, go to a few shops and ask them. they will tell you what to look out for and make some recommendation.

but that's for your references only. thereafter, shortlist and maybe come back here to ask. People like me that just went thru the process can tell you the low-down of your selection.

Frankly, such thread is better than those complaints thread wink.gif

yea..this is a great thread to share !flowerface.gif

to be frank, i know nuts about washing machine and its function...such as fizzy logic, etc etc what are these?dizzy.gif

I need a simple washign machine that can wash->dry-> complete tongue.gif

Good buy [nod]

yah, last we checked they only had 15 sets left in stock, so now probably less... was very surprised myself to find that for once, neighbourhood shops cannot beat the big chain on price....

Ok lah...laundry is a passive chore...all you need to do is to throw your clothes in...put detergent...power on and walk away....

Its the hanging that I hate. Which is why we decided to get a dryer...cos the stupid weather now can rain non stop for a week....all the clothes got a mouldy smell...which I hate.

↡ Advertisement