Washing machines

Jusnel

FP have been in the market for how long [sly] There is your answer already.

Brands like Hoover, Elba, Ariston etc r more established & trusted. But even some of these old brands r now made in China. [:/]

Korean brands r also good but only in the front loading segment for a couple of years only.

↡ Advertisement

Those washing machines always claim to be 7kg, 6.5kg, 8kg........

how we know the machine really has the capacity that it claims?

VTECK says it opens at 5000 RPM, A168 says it's 0-100 in 18 seconds, how we know it has the performance it claims?

This type of question is being asked by a 10 year old

wave.gif uncle p69

how about Brandt? i love the small size washer very nice design leh but over my budget for washer unimpressed.gif coz suppose to be gift from others cannot choose exp one.

I really cannot imagine how u put mattress into your 10kg washer leh laugh.gif can take pic of your washer? is it the same as those laundry shop one? tongue.gif

You imagine too much lah..baby matress cannot meh [:p]

Yah..they do. Saw a few of them in HN Millenia Walk. However they appear to be pretty basic machines compared to the Bosch, Electrolux, Brandt, Thomson etc.

Edited by Weiming

Erm...F&P owns Elba now and has been around since 1934. Interestingly enough, F&P is a NZ company and used to be a OEM for the Kelvinator brand of fridges.

Brands like Hoover, Elba, Ariston etc r more established & trusted. But even some of these old brands r now made in China. [:/]

Korean brands r also good but only in the front loading segment for a couple of years only.

Brandts used to be made in Germany. I had the last model that was made in Germany. Now all the Brandts are made in Turkey. Bosch got two versions. The German made ones and the Poland made ones, I think.

Find those that are made in EU. The Europeans are undisputed leaders in horizontal drum washers. You can check out Candy but I think Candy though is Italian brand is now made in China.

wave.gif uncle p69

how about Brandt? i love the small size washer very nice design leh but over my budget for washer unimpressed.gif coz suppose to be gift from others cannot choose exp one.

===================

I hears that one is still made in Europe (germany?)

For front loader, try to get a European brand cos they have many years & lot's of experience with them, just like older guys like uncle p69. [sly][laugh]

wave.gif uncle p69

how about Brandt? i love the small size washer very nice design leh but over my budget for washer unimpressed.gifcoz suppose to be gift from others cannot choose exp one.

======================

If close frens just ask them their budget & u top-up the difference lah.

I really cannot imagine how u put mattress into your 10kg washer leh laugh.gif can take pic of your washer? is it the same as those laundry shop one? tongue.gif

You imagine too much lah..baby matress cannot meh [:p]

====================

Hahaha. That's a good one. I too was wondering "what the heck". [shocked][shocked][shocked]

F&P new player? oh...I didn't know that. Kenna tua-ed.

=====================

I've only been hearing this name for a few years now. Maybe they have been around in other countries but I doubt it. Maybe some new joint venture to manufacture in China. [confused]

Edited by Pisces69

Erm...F&P owns Elba now and has been around since 1934. Interestingly enough, F&P is a NZ company and used to be a OEM for the Kelvinator brand of fridges.

======================

Oh OK so I guessed right. A new joint venture by some old birds. But where do they mainly manufacture now? That is a very important point. If mainly in China, then [thumbsdown]

Why did they lose the Elba & Kelvinator brand? That name is well known. Now F&P makes all sorts of stuff other then fridges & washers. Whose technology did they buy for all the other stuff?

steal from old birds lor [laugh]

Wah piang. Paid $1k+ for this washer. I had the impression that it was a expensive + premium good brand. Even had 1 relative who swear by it. But after I purchased then I realised she used it for minimal clothes. sigh.

U want heavy duty front loader stick with those like Hoover, Ariston, Thompson & all those old timer European brands. My Whirlpool (made by Philips) is still good after >12 years. [thumbsup]

Only my wifey want to change to heavy duty (7kg) to wash curtains & bedsheets/comforter but I think it's not necessary.

The Europeans have all along made front loaders & the Japs & Koreans r only just starting to make.

↡ Advertisement