Washing machines

Jusnel

FYI top loading nowadays come in rather big load capacity, think common is 6.5kg and above. If you want small load capacity, consider front loading, use less water and more gentle to your laundry.

↡ Advertisement

IMHO....what the salesman wanna sell you...will tell you cow and sheep stories about the competitors.

I cannot agree any less with you. They are same as car salesman. Which salesman would whack the brand they are selling or the brand that gives the highest commission?

Tat one u need 10kg tongue.gif

shocked.gif got 10kg washing machine meh? my kitchen no space to put dryer liao..let alone such big w.m!laugh.gif

mine is a custom-made cabinet that hide the w.m inside so cannot buy too big size

Dryer is very power-consuming. [sweatdrop] But it is good to have during rainy days. Furthermore the laundry dried with a dryer smells really crisp and nice. [thumbsup] I don't have one though cos I can live without one.

You can find those washing machines that spin at least to 800rpm - your clothes will have less water on them so they dry faster when you hang them out. [sunny]

is it enough to wash the bedsheet,quilt everything? if not need send to laundry wash liao

===================

I send my comforters to the laundry for DIY wash. Costs only a few bucks. Much cheaper then buying a new washer. [;)]

IMHO....what the salesman wanna sell you...will tell you cow and sheep stories about the competitors.

Last time when I bought the washing machine for my house...people tell me dun buy korean....buy Thomson very good....but too bad my budget was a bit tight...so went for a Samsung 7kg top load....it went 9yrs without a single break down....only thing is that with the wear and tear....the spin dry now not so dry lah.

So we go looking around for a new machine...wanted to buy a heater as well...so have to op for a front load....basically....you have to bend to do your loading lor...but saves water over the top load. I bought the LG one this time around...7KG load as well....with a 10yrs warranty on the motor....the heater is also from LG....let's see if it last as well as the Samsung...

BTW...my household wash around 1 load everyday. (dun ask me...I also dunno why I got so much clothes to wash !!) 4 adult...2 kids.

=================

Hahaha. My house got 3 pple & we also wash everyday. U can imagine how fast we get tru a box of detergent. [sweatdrop]

The best part is my wifey also "hand-wash" those delicate clothes. [:p]

i'm getting washing machine for my new hse.Know nuts about washing machine..err..dun even really know the proper way to operate washing machine.I think to play safe I send my comforter/quilt to laundry betterlaugh.gif

white delicate clothes still can handwash not a prob.

u pour whole box of detergent into yr w.m ah?

btw hor is liquid detergent or powder better?

with 4 + 2, it's not a lot.. quite reasonable. [;)]

I was selecting washer recently as well.

There's a 9Kg LG going for about 390 but I went for a toshiba 7.5kg although it's slightly higher price.

Reason was that the function for Korean washer is quite limited but a Japz offer much more combination.

But things aren't made to last like they use to. [:/]

but the size of drum will already determine how much u can put in.......

so if a drum of supposed to be 8kg is the same drum size of 6 kg, then its the same amt of water, clothes u can put into the 2 drums...........

not really. it depends on where is the drain line. some may look big but essentially, the motor cannot handle the load.

may I know how many kg is ideal for a couple? let's say wash twice a week?I'm looking at top loading one.TIA!

depends on how many role play session you have each week. [sly][laugh] it's very hard to determine.

Go for one that have multi-function. Korean tend to have a few fix setting while japz allow you to select the wash load, water level, etc.

Edited by Sony

For quick lesson, go to a few shops and ask them. they will tell you what to look out for and make some recommendation.

but that's for your references only. thereafter, shortlist and maybe come back here to ask. People like me that just went thru the process can tell you the low-down of your selection.

Frankly, such thread is better than those complaints thread [;)]

Tat one u need 10kg tongue.gif

shocked.gif got 10kg washing machine meh? my kitchen no space to put dryer liao..let alone such big w.m!laugh.gif

mine is a custom-made cabinet that hide the w.m inside so cannot buy too big size

Got lah...i'm using one [:p][;)]

My 7KG washing machine washes everything....queen size quilt and blanket....curtains etc...

(curtains have to wash 1 window at a time lah)...my place got plenty of windows.

Not true....Koreans are not too bad. My soon to be retired Samsung has fuzzy logic too....if you leave it on full auto...it will flick the drum a few times...determine the load and adjust the water level accordingly. However, if you do not trust its judgement, you can overide its fuzzy logic and key in manually. (where got time !!)

Quite smart....can tell jeans from cotton shirts. (heavy vs light lah....not the material)

Japan made stuff...unless its top end stuff...if not you will be buying a brand in Japan but made somewhere else stuff....

My Samsung fridge and washing machine....have not broken down on me once since the day I bought it.

no no.. I'm not saying that korean is not good. My fridge and TVs are korean. [:)]

but when it come to washer, I made some comparision and find that toshiba have more function compared to LG. However, that is very subjective, so maybe can attribute to personal perference.

It's like buying a car with auto headlight vs one that turn on manually. Either one is fine but some perfer the former while the latter have its own camp of supporter.

Cheers [;)]

i'm getting washing machine for my new hse.Know nuts about washing machine..err..dun even really know the proper way to operate washing machine.I think to play safe I send my comforter/quilt to laundry betterlaugh.gif

white delicate clothes still can handwash not a prob.

u pour whole box of detergent into yr w.m ah?

btw hor is liquid detergent or powder better?

hiya -we just bought a Samsung WA11Q 9.0kg washing machine from Harvey Norman. Delivered last night [:)] . It's got Silver nano wash (on top of silver filter) and costs $549 + $20 delivery. VERY good deal, coz my missus made a few calls to neighbourhood shops and Gain City etc... all sell $600+. According to HN salesman, HN bought the whole container-load of this model from Samsung, so my guess is the other retailers get from HN.

Reason I got this model with Silver nano is to prevent smelly clothes when there's no sun to dry them... Go check it out!

↡ Advertisement