Washing machines

Jusnel

Those washing machines always claim to be 7kg, 6.5kg, 8kg........

how we know the machine really has the capacity that it claims?

↡ Advertisement

Try it and we know lor.

frankly, it's a tough question.

It's like buying a can drink and questioning whether the capacity is really stated as it is.

its strange that no one has ever question on this........

but i do know one way to find out. a washing machine salesman taught me......

u measuring the depth of the washing drum.

take a measuring tape, poke the tape into the drum horizontally and see how deep is the drum.

i notice that korean brands overstate their capacities. i see it as way of cheating.

their drum size is 7kg-8kg, is the same drum size of a 'ang moh' brand of 6kg........

next time when got chance to see washing machines, measure the drum size of a korean and ang moh brand, and compare.

if u meet a good salesman, he will also tell u the truth........

but most of the top load is by korean and Japz.. it's quite an LL situation.

moreover, it's common knowledge that some countries like to overstate their spec.

same with car but why so many still buy Japz car? same theory.

P.S. got to link back to cars coz it's still MCF [:)]

I tink measurement of drum would not tell u the capacity. It also depends on how much water is being filled into it. The total capacity should be clothes + water + detergent + softener.

but the size of drum will already determine how much u can put in.......

so if a drum of supposed to be 8kg is the same drum size of 6 kg, then its the same amt of water, clothes u can put into the 2 drums...........

i feel that a front loading machine is better than top load.. it does not spoils your clothes the way the top load will.. though slighlty pricey, but is better in the long run. smile.gif

how many kg will depends on how much load you have..

Edited by Picantorian

IMHO....what the salesman wanna sell you...will tell you cow and sheep stories about the competitors.

Last time when I bought the washing machine for my house...people tell me dun buy korean....buy Thomson very good....but too bad my budget was a bit tight...so went for a Samsung 7kg top load....it went 9yrs without a single break down....only thing is that with the wear and tear....the spin dry now not so dry lah.

So we go looking around for a new machine...wanted to buy a heater as well...so have to op for a front load....basically....you have to bend to do your loading lor...but saves water over the top load. I bought the LG one this time around...7KG load as well....with a 10yrs warranty on the motor....the heater is also from LG....let's see if it last as well as the Samsung...

BTW...my household wash around 1 load everyday. (dun ask me...I also dunno why I got so much clothes to wash !!) 4 adult...2 kids.

its strange that no one has ever question on this........

but i do know one way to find out. a washing machine salesman taught me......

u measuring the depth of the washing drum.

take a measuring tape, poke the tape into the drum horizontally and see how deep is the drum.

i notice that korean brands overstate their capacities. i see it as way of cheating.

their drum size is 7kg-8kg, is the same drum size of a 'ang moh' brand of 6kg........

next time when got chance to see washing machines, measure the drum size of a korean and ang moh brand, and compare.

if u meet a good salesman, he will also tell u the truth........

Don't use volume as a gauge of load capacity, it is not accurate. It also depends on the balancing mechanism, power/quality of motor and springs that drive the drum.

but the size of drum will already determine how much u can put in.......

so if a drum of supposed to be 8kg is the same drum size of 6 kg, then its the same amt of water, clothes u can put into the 2 drums...........

Not true. Refer to my previous post. [:)]