How to encourage my gf to cut down on cab??

Biglittlebean

Neutral Newbie

Since you're not paying for it then let her be lor.

Suggestion:

1. Girls like to buy SBC (Not Singapore Broadcasting Corporation but Shoe, Bag, Clothes), tell her that she can direct the money to better use for example with every hundred dollar saved per month on cab, she can actually buy 2 pairs of shoes or a few bags.

2. Send her some article on how the poor people only have $150 to $250 for their monthly spending. Tell her she's very fortunate.

3. Suggest to her, if she's going to spend $300 per month on cab (on average), might as well hire you to be her personal chauffeur. Of course you take that $300. See how she react.

3 suggestion above, of course not exhaustive...

Edited by Redwood
↡ Advertisement

Just take public transport next time u go out with her?

Get her used to taking BMW all over again..

U can also save petrol n ERP $$ for yourself,

plus trip is longer n can spend more time with her. [rolleyes]

Occasionally... when she runs out of money. I'm not upset with the paying part.. just that I feel that it's a bit like wasting money.

Not upset with giving her money but dun like the way she spends it? What's the point of giving her money then?

Neutral Newbie

Perhaps its more cost effective as opposed to taking public transport for time saved during travelling?

Agree its an expensive habit, but i prefer to think that it beats better than spending money on other vices, ( smoking etc )

If you think she will be one that will stick ard with you for a while, then slowly learn to accept her.

Good luck.

I have a problem... since I got attached with my gf, I realized that nowadays she would always take cab whenever I cannot send her around. Have this feeling that she now too used to taking car liao.(my car.. hehe) Talked to her about it, but she still continue to take cab like nobody's business. There was even one week where she spent more than $150 on cab fares alone...(she's an undergrad btw). Hai. Anyone got any suggestion to get her to reduce taking cab?

Get a new chick

Maybe you can get her to list down her expenditures for a few months. Then maybe she will take notice of the amount goes into transport.

I'm not sure how you going get her started though.

My personal opinion is that it would be quite difficult for you to say this kind of thing without sounding like a nag. She can easily retort that since you drive car you don't know how troublesome/waste of time it is to take mrt or bus cos of the waiting/walking time etc etc.

I guess she's just got to feel the pinch herself.

Or maybe you can also take the MRT with her if you guys go to town on weekends to save on parking and to beat the crowd? Then she may realise that you are also trying to be more prudent in your spending.

Lead by example! [thumbsup]

I have a problem... since I got attached with my gf, I realized that nowadays she would always take cab whenever I cannot send her around. Have this feeling that she now too used to taking car liao.(my car.. hehe) Talked to her about it, but she still continue to take cab like nobody's business. There was even one week where she spent more than $150 on cab fares alone...(she's an undergrad btw). Hai. Anyone got any suggestion to get her to reduce taking cab?

You look like you lack control in this relationship...better beware u are going off on a risky start... please think carefully

if she likes bags, tell her she could have bought herself a bag with all that money.

if she likes shoes, tell her she could have bought herself a pair with all that money.

you get the idea....

this is one of the methods the govt used to encourage people to quit smoking. it may work for you too. good luck.

Bro,

I think you have been taken for a ride ... [shakehead]

Neutral Newbie

you really want to tell your gf how she spend her own money?

how much % of her income does she blow on cab?

how much % of your income do you spend on your car?

You can't really blame her. After all, you were the one who got her used to not taking public transport. [:p]

But frankly speaking, if you're used to driving or being driven around, it's difficult to adapt to taking public transport immediately if your car is not around.

Same goes for me, so used to driving or being driven around that I will take cab around if my car is absent. It takes a prolonged period for me to adapt and even so, I end up taking bus for most direct trips. If I have to change bus here and there or risk squeezing with the crowd during peak periods, I rather take cab. But I do feel the pinch. Every time I see the meter, I think that I can travel more mileage if this money were to be used to pump petrol for my car.

My friend who owns a car in Aussie and drives around everywhere also takes nothing but cab once she gets back. She's a student in Aussie anyway and her car is some lao pok car. Simply coz she's too used to it.

Why not you make an arrangement with ur gf, ask her contribute to petrol and you be her private taxi rather than she go on contributing money to the taxi industry. [sly]

to be honest, if you gf is chio type. taking the world class public transport has its risks, as she might be targets of pple whom might wanna "touch" her.

check her cab taking pattern, might be during peak hours.

for me, as much as I dun like the "expenditure", i cant be ferrying my gal everywhere.

most impt is to let her know the impt of saving. [;)]

i wld rather spent my moola on clothes, bags or shoes than on cab fares siah [:|]

ur gf is spoilt rotten...then again so m i [lipsrsealed][laugh]

oei cocobell.. nvr go shopping ah.. but go on weekdays... NB.. mango n zara got sale. have to Q just to go in.. [:|][:|] ...

COACH GOT SALE!!!! but its better off buying On line.. serious [laugh][laugh]

↡ Advertisement