How to encourage my gf to cut down on cab??

Biglittlebean

I have a problem... since I got attached with my gf, I realized that nowadays she would always take cab whenever I cannot send her around. Have this feeling that she now too used to taking car liao.(my car.. hehe) Talked to her about it, but she still continue to take cab like nobody's business. There was even one week where she spent more than $150 on cab fares alone...(she's an undergrad btw). Hai. Anyone got any suggestion to get her to reduce taking cab?

↡ Advertisement

If u have to pay, its right for you to say

something.

But if she pays from her pocket, u will have not much say

u can let her know that taxi fares are going up on Monday

its a hint

this kind of things are sensitive

Edited by Adawang

She earning from tuition right? Cost to income ratio comfy for her.

have a talk with her, u might find out that in the absence of that income, she might revert to our world crass pubic transport.

My guess is that most young adults in their early twenties are still not so prudent about spending money... I was like that last time too la, spent money like drinking water. but after working for 2yrs, I slowly learn the habit of saving.

Quite difficult to change one's habits.

The only way is to let her get the hard knocks in life.

Nothing is worse than having a gf/wife who splurges on your $$$ and yet do not earn her keep except maybe adultery [lipsrsealed]

I find some are just spoiling their child/sibling/gf/wife by being a chaffeur all the time.Singapore public transport is so convenient.

sometimes bus & MRT can be even faster or about same time taken compared with taking cab.