Any witness in Newton Circle at 8.30pm last night (7/12)?

Dinooo

Neutral Newbie

Hi bros,

I got into an accident last night at the above mentioned location and timing. Initially, the other driver (a P plate) admitted it is her fault and keep saying sorry, and now, after consulting with her dad and insurance company (NTUC), now it seems like she might have other "ideas".

I know it is a shot in the dark, but anyone out there witness this accident? Mine is a 07 Honda Civic and she's in a white toyota Corolla.

I saw some witness standing around and many cars drove pass, but forgot to stop someone for details.

Details

It happened at Newton circle when I was at the most outer lane continuing in my lane and she was on the inner lane on my right, suddenly turning left and hit my right doors.

Initially I though it is straight forward case until the assessors told me my case is 50-50 because although she hit me on the side, she can turn around claim that I turn in front of her, especially when she seems to be denying fault now.

Nevetherless, I managed to draft out the accident reporting form and draw the accident diagram, ticked the boxes saying she is changing lane and turning left. And I made her signed it. However the assessors think this is still 50-50. What I screwed up is that I should have made her write down in black and white saying she changed lane and hit me. sighz. Need help and maybe advise. Anyone?

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

I did intentionally put it in the accident report form (beside the license type) in BIG BIG word P plate..

But I dont understand how that helps my case? [confused]

1st- insurance policy states u must neber admit ur fault.

2nd - u sud hv made her sign a paper to admit her fault.

3rd - sorry too late liaoz.

so how?

Neutral Newbie

sorry to hear about what has happened to your new ride.

cannot offer any constructive ideas and allow you to get your deserved compensation but the only you can advise that young lady and her dad is the value and importance of honesty.

a dad who is suppposed to be a figure head for his daughter teaching his children how to shrink from responsibility and lie... [shakehead]

you can tell the lady and her dad the karma of "what goes around, comes around".

if they STILL insist of being the unethical and lying pricks, then so be it. God has eyes and i assume you bro, you will be richly blessed i.e. averted a major disaster that was supposed to come your way, bad health or misfortune....

trust me, they can twist the facts and do all sorts of nonsense but the guy up there witness it all.

hope your case will close asap.

[flowerface]

Neutral Newbie

Err.. engage lawyer? One of the workshops I went to offer to do this for me..

I am contemplating. Cant imagine all the legal hassles and inconvenience..

I was thinking of just going to AD for repair and let my insurance company sort it out with hers..

Just worried about my NCD and Excess..

no nid engage lawyer lah... side by side beri difficult to dispute. leave it to the workshop to sort out.

the bad news is insurance has gone up this past week.

+ NCB at 0, it will b tough....

Neutral Newbie

actually I dont understand this portion..

what do you mean by 50%?

I thought if I go to my insurance (and kah motor servicing), they will log it against the opposing side?

The most is I lose my excess and NCD right?

I thought outside even worse? lawyer fees, ncd, cost if loses

I think she should be the one to worry all the legal hassles and inconvenience. Hope she just admit her fault pay up and move on. Few hundreds dun want to pay and want to pay few thousand dollar if she lose the case?? She have the guilt conscious will never win the case.

Hi bros,

I got into an accident last night at the above mentioned location and timing. Initially, the other driver (a P plate) admitted it is her fault and keep saying sorry, and now, after consulting with her dad and insurance company (NTUC), now it seems like she might have other "ideas".

I know it is a shot in the dark, but anyone out there witness this accident? Mine is a 07 Honda Civic and she's in a white toyota Corolla.

I saw some witness standing around and many cars drove pass, but forgot to stop someone for details.

Details

It happened at Newton circle when I was at the most outer lane continuing in my lane and she was on the inner lane on my right, suddenly turning left and hit my right doors.

Initially I though it is straight forward case until the assessors told me my case is 50-50 because although she hit me on the side, she can turn around claim that I turn in front of her, especially when she seems to be denying fault now.

Nevetherless, I managed to draft out the accident reporting form and draw the accident diagram, ticked the boxes saying she is changing lane and turning left. And I made her signed it. However the assessors think this is still 50-50. What I screwed up is that I should have made her write down in black and white saying she changed lane and hit me. sighz. Need help and maybe advise. Anyone?

Dinoo sad to say it's a gone case... it will be split between two of u...

witness is useless..she can produce her own witness..and the only time witness is useful is when u want to file a civil suit against her..

now insurance co's legal bodies slug it out.. and usually they will decide on the split...60-40 or 50-50

if u go kah motor they will ask u to do own damage claim first then AXA will claim from the chabo insurance..very troublesome. If u do outside workshop the surveyer will acess the damage then submit report thru the lawyer go court let the court decide u dun even have to be present if the judge deem both of u bare 50-50 that chabo also must bare the legal cost.

Neutral Newbie

I thought she's going to be when I told her.. but they keep saying just talk to their insurance company..

Anyway, I dont think she'll lose a few thousand bucks.. perhaps just her excess and NCD too since her insurance company will pick up the tab?