Price of bread up again?!

Robin

Got NTUC one they got the normal bread, wholemeal or milky one . . . cheaper . . .

i will check them out [nod]

Gardenia White bread costs rm1.90. think next to go up is those 3-in-1 cereal, coffee drinks. Sigh why is it so difficult to save money [mad][mad]

yah.

did u notice their bread has a shorter shelf life? our's expires in about 5 days. their's about 4? maybe their ingredients not so fresh? [confused]

(edited)

i cannot remember selling at $1 [:p] maybe i was still in school then [:p]

but i think when breadtalk first launched, they had 1 for 1 offers [:p]

Edited by Robin

Neutral Newbie

i thot, sunshine bread cost only $1.45 last yr

cheaper to buy ntuc white bread still at the same old price at $1.00. if i m not wrong, ntuc bread is also made by sunshine bread.

on expiry date , it is better to choose those that has a shorter shelflife because less preservative is used. in a report, 1/2 yr ago in malaysia, almost all breads in malaysia had an excessive amount of calcium propionate, which is used as a preservative to inhibit mold growth in the baking industry.

earlier this yr, the increase in wheat prices was blamed on the prolonged drought in australia. so was the price of diary products. in fact, almost all commodities whether it is grains,fats, base metals, precious metals, all had an exceptionally good profit year due to rising prices.

the only industry that has declining prices has to be electronic products which managed to reduce cost via better designs and productivity improvements.

That one is Sunshine white bread. I noticed it has increased to $1.60.

Increasing price is already a cardinal sin but increasing prices of everyday foodstuff is simply too much.

A revolt is in order

↡ Advertisement