Is The 3 Year Warranty for New Cars a gimmick to suck people's money during servicing?

Stevegring

Is The 3 Year Warranty for New Cars a gimmick to suck people's money during servicing?  

77 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No
    • Neutral
    • Subjective

Hi Guys

I just had my Swift on 31/8/07 and had clocked abt 7K so far. Alhough my servicing for 3 years are labour cost free, they are charging me $60 for mineral oil + filter and $95 for syntectic oil + filter.

So I asked if I could bring my own instead, the person told me that they will charge me $20 for the labour fee. I am puzzled. Wasnt it supposed to be labour fee free?

↡ Advertisement

I hate this thing that they're doing. technically this is against the fair trade act. Unfortunately nobody has tried to fight the dealerships. Just get your own oil and pay the $20 as thats still cheaper than going to an outside workshop to get the same thing done if you brought your own oil [:)]

Edited by Elfenstar

labour free is when u buy the oil from them..if u bring your own oil ofcos they will charge u labour if not they earn wat?? $60 for mineral & $95 for syuntetic oil is consider cheap already..with labour free.

if u get some cheapo oil outside plus pay labour $20 come up to be the same amount as the mineral oil package..it is still cheaper considering if the oil u bought outside is syntetic oil like cxxxxxe.

i agree their action is very irritating.. but my advice is not to be fussed up with such amount.. may be a matter of principle but dun kill yr brain cell thinking how to fight back, help u avoid high blood pressure.. my advice is to focus on how to make more $$ so that alot of rising cost in life can be not taken too seriously.. enjoy life.. its not very long.

It depends on the distributor. I bring my own oil and filter to Komoco, and they didn't charge anything as the labour is free for the first 3 servicings.

Your Swift is from Champion Motors? As far as I know the first 3 services (1K, 10K and 20K) are COMPLETELY free. After that it's not free! The car warranty is for 3 years but you need to pay for servicing like normal.

bring own $20/-....quite o.k. lah, some even dun allow tt...most agent r practicing the free labour servicing nia...parts & oil got to pay... [;)]