Airtrek Vs Grand Vitara - Pls Advice Thanks.

Ninafrost

Neutral Newbie

Bro, nobody can "verify" FC lah, this is a very very subjective matter leh... i once owned a Jazz that so-called 23 on paper, some claimed 17, some claimed 16 but when i stayed at CCK, i got 16 and when i shifted to Bt Btk, i get 14... so how?????? [:|]

there are a lot of things in FC lor, the most important thing is how u drive and what kind of traffic u usually encounter. however, let me put it this way:

so what if it is 14 or 15? what kind of diff does it make at the end of the day? especially in this rocket high petrol price? my conclusion on FC after all these years is

- if u like/love the car, heck the fc. if u want fc, look for a vehicle that really really sips and don't even go to the SUV or MPV realm. a hybrid or a small k car is good 4 ya. [;)]

Edited by Vicz

Vicz,

With regards to FC, i cannot dismiss off the FC simply because i lurve a certain car.

I have to factor all the points before making a decision. It does make significant impact on the final decision. =). I guess i still dun qualify as a "petrolhead". BTW still pondering which car to get.

Best

Nina [:|]

will the 70 sticker stop you from running 100km/h? [sly]

guess not... my fren got booked for speeding in a nissan cabstar... his feat? ECP speeds in excess of 130km/h....

Nina

you can consider the land cruiser [shocked]

pure heavy metal!!!!!

but if you want cheap and good metal, get the musso pickup. only availbale 2nd hand....

lots of carrying space for goods and people....

best thing: runs on diesel [sunny] (oem chaps are selling at 1.15) (best way to show your [thumbsdown] to petrol kiosk)

the only drawback: 70 sticker [nosebleed]

i did consider the musso.... but the whole world objected. [:|]

I would suggest GV but the 2WD model. I have a friend driving the GV 4WD, high FC and slow pickup.. [sweatdrop]

I like the look of GV and believe the 2WD will be better FC and pick up. If drive in Singapore, there is no need for 4WD.

Yaloryalor can u ask ur fren with the 4WD wats his FC like? aggaration?

Thanks in advance

Nina

Everyone says SUV consumption is high and if i mind FC i shouldn't get one. But how do i know unless I know wats the FC like? I jist need to know the FC. I want the numbers...

Nina

Min 12L per 100km, this is base on Murano. 13L per 100km is BMW X3 & CX7 (AWD). These are the big boys with decent engines. My friends airtrack also doing around those nos. Full pump is ~110 and runs about max 450km.

For other models, I am not sure.... If you buy SUV, pls get AWD bec this will give you good traction esp when wet. THe higher CG and heavier body means huge roll during conering. Don't risk your love ones with dodgey 2WD on a SUV.... Anyway oredi pay so much then make sure get a well equip SUV...

But the RAV4 seems also a good SUV. My colleague drives one and it is pretty ok even on 2WD.... but come rain, she drive like tortise bec traction not very good.

Edited by Voxy28

will the 70 sticker stop you from running 100km/h? [sly]

guess not... my fren got booked for speeding in a nissan cabstar... his feat? ECP speeds in excess of 130km/h....

Nina

that one ought to be shot and license kang tong! even cars with lower CG and better handling also never chiong so fast, lorry wanna fly?? [hur]

Yeshe, when u say 8-9km/l is for ? 2.4L version? 2.0L? 4WD version? 2WD version?

Nina

i am refering to the 4WD 2L version. as some mentioned, no point getting 2WD as SUV has higher CG, 4WD is better for traction.

you can consider a 2nd forester 2L XT, the FC should also be around 7-8km/L

According to fren,

Forestor is based on a BOxer engine. And everytime change timing belt it's a costly affair... sumthing about the timing belt mounted below the engine or sumthing... can't remeber . Fren owns 1 WRX and then 1 STI.

Nina

wat can i say? He's a brainless ah beng...you know some people? talk BIG BIG very cocky and overly confident, but in fact brain functions like only a microscopic area?

And then i know some who can slip his bike on the road without anyone hitting or even coming close to him and still claim not his fault but the alignment of the sun, moon and stars.

Yeah... there's plenty of them out there and i know alot of them personally.

Nina

↡ Advertisement