Airtrek Vs Grand Vitara - Pls Advice Thanks.

Ninafrost

OK , here's some questions....

Brand new 2WD GV how muchie?

I saw a GV for 2nd hand for 62K....

http://www.sgcarmart.com/main/info-2fAYFHE5-1000.html

First hand car the depreciation of 3 years is at a descending at an ascending rate curve, whereas, after the three years it's a linear straight line deprecitation. I can't bear to think about the crazy first 3 year deprecitation. Look at it this way, once i own the car... i prolly wun change until close to the end...which explains my current situation with the sunny. I drive till the end ....Oh btw my sunny is second hand too...

carcraze, yes i do like the forestor... but it seems more pricey then the GV for the same age... ok i haven't really compared their omvs closely... I did notice the mileage is pretty low....

Budget about 60-65k...

I am not a person who throttles the pedal....but i do like more power... my 1.5 is getting inadequate when i am rushing for time.... fortunately its a manual

So can i conclude that highest FC wise,

1. GV

2. Airtrek

3. Forestor????

With regard to commercial vehicles. I get huge oppostion from alot of people with regard to me driving trucks/pickups... i dun really dig driving Kangoos... This isn't meant as insult to other kangooo owners but to me, the kangoo vehicle and all the vans seem to lack that "character"

Insurance agent suggested the rav4 L version.

Confused....

↡ Advertisement

Brand new GV 2WD @ 72500.

Suggest that u stick to yr list since you have short listed GV and Airtrek.

if im in yr possition, i'll go for GV.

FC better than Airtrek, Insurance also cheaper.

Handling wise, i've test drive GV only, 2 [thumbsup][inlove][inlove]

GV 2WD is rear wheel drive, u will surprise to feel GV is so easy to handle [thumbsup]

If u looking at RAV4, brand new one is 2.4L, BM need to indent, some PIs have ex-stock.

If u keen in GV, i got contact in CM, PM me if u needed.

Edited by Slowwalker

When Airtek first came out, I found it to be one of the coolest and macho looking car around. Well, it still is. Back then, I didnt condsider much abt its' specs cos I wasn't looking at buying a car at all.

When I recently decided to buy a car, GV was on top of my shortlist. The other being Terios. I didnt look at Airtek as it was slightly off my budget. Price of GV 2.0 2WD has been hovering between 71.5 and 73.9 the last 3 mths. Frankly, in terms of power/acceleration when overtaking, there's nothing to shout about since its heavy - I can live with that cos there are so many other perks about GV which makes up for the shortfall. [:)] Besides, I am light footed.

I decided to book the GV 2.0 2WD cos I needed the bootspace and found the ride better than Terios. Fyi, if you are to book the GV, you'd probably have to wait up to 2 months for delivery.

Going for a testdrive may help you make your decision better [;)]

Hope the above helps

U might wanna consider wagons instead.

With rising fuel costs, your choices will all help decimate your shopping budget for clothes, shoes and makeup. If i'm not mistaken, all 3 of the GV, Frosty and airtrek would be going some if they return anything around 10km/l in most cases. I could be wrong tho. FC would really be dependent on your driving style and profile. And as far as i know, they all come in auto.

Toyota corolla fielder, Honda airwave, Chevy optra estate could be amongst your choices. Fielder and optra come in manual too.

Have fun choosing. Go for test drives where possible then you would have a better idea of how they all stack against each other. [flowerface]

Neutral Newbie

Then all the more u sh'd get a new one since u intend to keep. Whats giving the 2nd car dealers the card is that they will tell u the COE value but why sh'd we pay for something that u can't see? COE is a definite burnt bcos at the end of the day, u will use it up. I'd rather get a new one at a new COE price shich may be cheaper than the old ones lor... but of cos it depends on the bidding lah... do u know how much do the dealers buy in the 2nd hand car? its at PARF value + COE remaining and at most some few thousands of body value depending on the make and model... for an airtrek, I'd dare say its not high. While they charge u, they would peg it with the new car price and minus the year of depreciation (eg. PARF + COE + value - this will be their intake. When they sell, it will be: New car net value + remaining COE - depreciation years used. u can just make a simple calculation of whats the profit like (after deducting the misc)... usually sh'd be around $10k or so. While a new car mark up is also around a 10k mark, I'd rather go for the new ones for peace of mind since the nett of ur deppreciation doesn't change much as u said, u will keep it for a longer time. Anyway, thats only my personnal opinion, others may think otherwise... [:)]

Aya, bro, afterall, its just what u love and what u like to do. in life, sometimes not everything must use money to measure lah, whichever u like, as long as u r happy, it make ur day, just go ahead and do it. If things that u can't solve with ur brain, go as ur heart feels... [;)]

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all the advice... Vicz, yes i'll probably do my sums and test drive next weekend with the GV. But the brain must come before the heart! Because it's a freaking expensive item with no monetary value gained.

So far i wasn't attracted to any station wagons except the alfa 159 sportwagon...but thats jist a wish. PLease ignore my wishful thinking.

Am pretty lightfooted on usual driving.

I did notice that most of these cars come in auto. Is there ANY way to get my hands on a manual if i were to buy brand new? I know it's more convenient to drive an auto... but i much prefer the stick and control.

Are any of these cars available on diesel if i get from PI?

I qualify to buy them as a commercial vehicle.

As a side distraction, i saw a brand new outlander at vivo on thursday. I must say, it's really a WOW! Any comments on the new outlander?

Happy Friday Working.

Nina

Turbocharged
OK , here's some questions....

Brand new 2WD GV how muchie?

I saw a GV for 2nd hand for 62K....

http://www.sgcarmart.com/main/info-2fAYFHE5-1000.html

First hand car the depreciation of 3 years is at a descending at an ascending rate curve, whereas, after the three years it's a linear straight line deprecitation. I can't bear to think about the crazy first 3 year deprecitation. Look at it this way, once i own the car... i prolly wun change until close to the end...which explains my current situation with the sunny. I drive till the end ....Oh btw my sunny is second hand too...

carcraze, yes i do like the forestor... but it seems more pricey then the GV for the same age... ok i haven't really compared their omvs closely... I did notice the mileage is pretty low....

Budget about 60-65k...

I am not a person who throttles the pedal....but i do like more power... my 1.5 is getting inadequate when i am rushing for time.... fortunately its a manual So can i conclude that highest FC wise,

1. GV

2. Airtrek

3. Forestor????

With regard to commercial vehicles. I get huge oppostion from alot of people with regard to me driving trucks/pickups... i dun really dig driving Kangoos... This isn't meant as insult to other kangooo owners but to me, the kangoo vehicle and all the vans seem to lack that "character"

Insurance agent suggested the rav4 L version.

Confused....

you have answered your own question. Get a forester, no doubt abt it.

If you need alot of space to put the stuff, probably GV. airtrek and forester will not have alot of room for you.

Turbocharged

As a side distraction, i saw a brand new outlander at vivo on thursday. I must say, it's really a WOW! Any comments on the new outlander?

i own an outlander myself. you should go test drive one yourself [thumbsup]

one word to summarise, value for money [;)]

Yeshe, I jist log on to the outlander website yesterday ... and found out it's a 2.3l car. Sighz, not within my budget. I think the FC is beyond me. But yes it's a beautiful car.

Best

Nina

Neutral Newbie

With ur requirements, i still suggest that u get a commercial mini van. The new Caddy with DSG is cool! Diesel, DSG, space... and a VW brand to go with at about sub $50k...wow, it fits ur bill, what else to ask for? [thumbsup] care to join me with VW? be my kaki, VW is cool! [laugh][thumbsup]

Neutral Newbie
Hi All,

Am new here so forgive me if my questions sounds silly.

I have a 1.5 sunny coming to the end of the COE next year. Am thinking of getting a second hand car...

Am looking at a airtrek non turbo or a grand vitara 2L.

Any advice regarding...

-Reliability

-FC

-Maintenance cost

-spaciousness

my work involves indoor and outdoor where sumtimes i have to ferry huge equipments. Like lightstand and tripods and cartons of lights. This outdoor work happens once in every month or so...

Have an friend who claims that airtreks are not high in demand and very hard to sell???

Any advice would be great!

Thanks

Nina

For me, GV will definitely be the choice comparing the 2. Cheers. [;)]

Oh I saw the rav4... ok la.... i like the fact that its a VVTi engine... but the looks are ok lor....

CRV design to me looks easily dated...

Nina

you can consider the land cruiser [shocked]

pure heavy metal!!!!!

but if you want cheap and good metal, get the musso pickup. only availbale 2nd hand....

lots of carrying space for goods and people....

best thing: runs on diesel [sunny] (oem chaps are selling at 1.15) (best way to show your [thumbsdown] to petrol kiosk)

the only drawback: 70 sticker [nosebleed]

Yeshe, I jist log on to the outlander website yesterday ... and found out it's a 2.3l car. Sighz, not within my budget. I think the FC is beyond me. But yes it's a beautiful car.

Best

Nina

in fact, GV FC is about 8-9km/l, i hope any GV owner can verify this.

↡ Advertisement