Vans and lorries getting annoying on expressway.

Westender

Nowadays, do you all notice that those van n lorry drivers are getting bolder?

You'll see them using lane 1 to overtake vehicles, out of 4 lane, you see 3 lanes full of lorry and vans and worst off, driving on lane 1 like he owns it.

No thanks to the garment for increasing their speed limits and allowing them to go on lane 2.

Maybe it's part of their fine plan to mess up the highway and have the excuess to up more erp gantry.

They don't pay as much road tax as me but they sure get to use as much of the road as me.

Not fair man....

Just wondering why tp are not eying them like they eye us for speeding. Hiaz....

↡ Advertisement

ya... kena 1 van suddenly filter to lane 1 and drive at 70km/h... make me have to reduce my speed drastically...

sometimes i wonder, if i langgar the van, duno who is in the wrong hor....

somehow he can act like nothing happen... [sweatdrop]

bro, im a van driver here, as rule of thumb i keep left, centre lane only for short stretch to overtake

--i feel van/lorry can use ANY lane, as long as the speed is fast enough, so going by my view, to use lane 1, the van must run at 90+ or 100? if the van is in lane 1 and doing 100, no reason to complain, but if kena TP then steady liao

sorry for my confusing post, what i want to say is, as long as van/lorry dont road-hog, should be able to use any lane, but if get TP caught for speeding then its their own fault for speeding

summary: van can use any lane, dont road hog ok liao, at OWN RISK (in terms of speeding)

PS: i kena stealth camera once for travelling at 81km/h---stated in the letter they sent me

use horn liao but they bochup leh.... not i scared they stare at u but is i look at them and they dun even look at me... i think i not yandao enough [furious]

i can't stop them in the middle of PIE leh...... if not, i confirm will open their door and ask them.... not that i never do before... [lipsrsealed]

+1 for you bro.

Just wondering,if a bus is on a 90km/h stretch of road trevelling on the center lane at below 70km/h, is he road hogging?

Frankly, I do not know the ans for the above.

I know my post is gonna upset alot of drivers but it's the truth and I see that on the road everyday.

Hell, I swear at those road hogging pessenger car too.

nothing hiong abt it..... when i in bad mood anything is possible... [:p]

got once this guy with another 3 male passengers actually open his door in middle of road at red light because i F him when he came out from small road and eat into 2nd lane and caused me to swerve and almost buang....

so i told him, want play pai kia can.... stop by the side of the road now... he Huh? i said stop by the road, you dun understand english..?? so stop lor he came out with 2 gys nbz.... both much bigger than me.. i think siao liao.... gonna be a long night in hospital [laugh] then knn walk over, stretch his hand and say sorry [sweatdrop]

like that also can.... that 1 i think ultimate.... anyway i think sooner or later i gonna kena road rage case [laugh]

Neutral Newbie

it shouldn't be called the overtaking lane, but a dreaming lane.. all the stoned drivers happily dreaming away as they drive..

i get to my destination faster on the left lane then the dreaming lane.. [:|]

Hi,

Road-hogging and speeding are two different issues. Many people get confused about the two, for some unknown reason. You can be a road-hog at any speed as long as you are on blocking someone behind you from travelling faster e.g. from overtaking. You speed when you exceed the speed limit of the road that you are travelling on.

There are four possible combinations:

a. you are both a road-hog and speeding when you are travelling at 120km/h on the fastest lane on the CTE (90km/h speed limit) and a car behind you is prevented from overtaking;

b. you are a road-hog but not speeding when you are travelling at 90km/h on the fastest lane on the CTE (90km/h speed limit) and are blocking the car behind you from overtaking;

c. you are not a road-hog but speeding when you are going at 120km/h on any lane on the CTE (90km/h speed limit) and you are travelling faster than vehicles on lanes to your left and are not blocking any vehicle behind you from overtaking;

d. you are neither a road-hog nor speeding when you are going at 90km/h on any lane on the CTE (90km/h speed limit) and you are travelling faster than vehicles on the lanes to your left and you are not blocking any vehicles behind you from overtaking.

Contrary to popular belief, going at 90km/h on the fastest lane with a speed limit of 90km/h doesn't obsolve you of the wrong of road-hogging if there is a vehicle behind you wishing to overtake and you are blocking it from doing so. It does not matter if you are already travelling at the maximum permitted speed for the road and that the vehicle behind you will exceed that speed if/when it overtakes you.

Just my two cents worth.

↡ Advertisement