ES100

Gdiking

Neutral Newbie

After about 8000+ km on my ES100, I have some observations.

Notice that on my OZ SL 15" + ES 100 combo, I get some kind of 'whup whup whup' noise at around 80 km/h, once I accelerate to 90 and above, the noise disappears and is quiet.

Noise level however is still okay for a tyre in this class. It did definitely get more noisy after running in however.

Any other comments from fellow ES100 users?

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

same combi as you.... but only 5K+.... the tyres is a little louder than the stock ones... but still bearable.... didn't get the whup whup whup sound....

Neutral Newbie

I'm using OZ SL 17" with ES100. Done about 15,000km on them so far and I find them very noisy! No `whup whup whup' noise but just tyre/road noise. They were ok for the 1st 10,000km [:(] Luckily grip remains at a decent level [blush]

Neutral Newbie

I want to align my wheels soon. I find that my car pulls to the left (started after I change to 15" from 14"). Also I noticed the wear on the front left tyre is more than on the right tyre, particularly on the tyre shoulder facing out from the wheel arch.

Heard that misaligned wheels can cause noise. I only get the noise when going at low speed or around 80 km/h on the expressway, can hear its some sort of rhythmic, cyclic 'whoot whoot whoot' sound if you know what I mean.

U think doing the 4 wheel alignment and rotating the tyres will help. I am thinking of doing it at 15K mark now about 1K+ away.

Neutral Newbie

Ok, think I call Riverview, see whether this weekend they got a timeslot available for me

Yup, that might be the cause of your problem there. My 15" ES100s are relatively noisy (now done 25k on them), but no speed-variable noises...

Don't get me wrong, I love the ES100, and would probably get it again, especially at that price. It's always a trade-off between performance and road noise, and to me the choice is obvious. Be careful in the wet, because the Aspecs have a reputation for being quite wayward...

Neutral Newbie

yeah a agree. my aspec db a500 did skid 3 times on wet roads... 2 during red lights i a bit late braking then skid lucky still far from the front car. 1 during u-turn outside sp. during the turn nearly hit the side kerb. now really go slow during rain.

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Went to enqure about tyre prices .

The Aspec db 500 and the ES100 practically the same price .

How much noisier is the ES100 compared to the db .

I still leaning towards the quieter tyres , though road holding in wet is not unimportant .

What speed were u going when you skided ?

Rgs

[dizzy]

Edited by Worker

Neutral Newbie

i heard from fellow mcfer that es100 is kinda noisy after some times....

not sure abt the speed i skidded... but guess shd be ard 30kph. can't go fast when i approaching a red light.

i saw this yokohama avs db... not same as aspec db... can try enquire on this tyre.

Supersonic

For a performance tyre, ES100 not really that noisy + ride comfort is quite good. Sat in a fren's car shod wif DB b4, didn't really find it all that much quieter than the ES100, instead i found it noisy for a supposedly quiet tyre. Not worth all the risk & skids for probably a 1db reduction, IMHO. [;)]

Had ES100 on my ride many months ago when it first came out...

had them changed soon after cos it kept skidding... lost all confidence in the tyres...

really disliked them

but then again...

I was the only one who thought they sucked (if u read many previous threads on ES100) [:p][sweatdrop]

Now using SO-3 ... in my opinion, I'll never get another tyre again [sly]

Neutral Newbie

coz floor wet. and i brake hard due to car in front of my brake hard too.

with regards to the above replies.... guess yoko tyres is not as reliable as i had thought to be. but $70 per pieces is cheap? or i am able to get a better ones for that price? i am running on 14" rims. 185/65/14 is it better for 185/60/14 ??? lower profile...

↡ Advertisement