Queries abt pricing

Albert77

yes - my car actually lost traction going up a wet MSCP one day ... thank goodness no one behind me !

My experiencs on 4 x skips also happen on wet conditions. Within the last 2 months too. Before that never experience b4. So i guess its time to change tyres ASAP liao. [sweatdrop]

Let the tyre spin is tyre balancing, must do when change new tyre.

As to some sort of indictor on 4 sheel rim, it is call wheel alignment. Normally you need to do if you can feel you car pull to one side.

Let the tyre spin is tyre balancing, must do when change new tyre.

As to some sort of indictor on 4 sheel rim, it is call wheel alignment. Normally you need to do if you can feel you car pull to one side.

Oh.....ok, now i know. Thanks bro. [nod][nod][nod]

Just change to 15" GR-80 with Soh Bros.

$95/- per piece. So total is $380/-.

The tyres are not bad, definately more stable and quiet than my previous stock ones. [nod]

Hmmm... but hor i see opposite PH, got a lot more customers lei........ [:p][:p][:p]

Bro, new tyres shiok shiok hoh [sly]

Must remember to let them scrub in say about 400-600kms before cheonging hoh [nod][nod][nod]

Do agree with you that PH's customers are like never ending one [sweatdrop][sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

Neutral Newbie

The tyres are not bad, definately more stable and quiet than my previous stock ones. [nod]

Hmmm... but hor i see opposite PH, got a lot more customers lei........ [:p][:p][:p]

Does the price include GSt or not

Buddy,

Checking with you, what is the profile of your tyre? Soh Brothers insist that 195/55/15 GR 80 is $125 per piece leh. [dizzy]

Mine is 195 x 60 x 15. Confirm 95 bucks a piece done on 11th Jan 2008/Friday afternoon with Soh Bros.

Hrrrr....195/55/15 is smaller, duno why he charge more ????? [sweatdrop]

Edited by Hiphiphoray

Hi,

In the end, still decide to go back to the shop you recommend and get the 195/60/15 profile just to try whether it is more comfortable than my 195/55/15.

Same price as yours [:p]

Thanks.

Oh...okok. Frankie is a nice guy. And u wont regret on GR-80. [nod][nod][nod]

While waiting for your car, u can cross the road and have something to eat at the hawker centre & coffeeshop. [;)]

I also see PH's long queue of customers become damn sian liao. Somemore they can be quite disorganised. But must say they are always friendly and never show black face however busy.

For the past 2 times I changed tires/ rims, I felt a bit sick of waiting for PH so walked over to the shop opposite which is so much more empty, thought maybe can give a try. Surprisingly both times kena show black face by the uncle there, not very interested to answer queries at all [hur] . So what to do, stick with PH even though I really hate the waiting and the crowd. [:/]

Mine is 195 x 60 x 15. Confirm 95 bucks a piece done on 11th Jan 2008/Friday afternoon with Soh Bros.

Hrrrr....195/55/15 is smaller, duno why he charge more ????? [sweatdrop]

normally those popular ones shd be more ex. my old 165/55/13 also more ex than 175/70/13

I was also having the same thought that how come tire of lower profile is more expensive, as it appears to be using less rubber! The tire dealer told that low profile tire with high speed rating for example 215/45/ZR17 is consider high performance tire, thus they are more expensive. This is how the speed rating goes:

M 81 mph 130 km/h

N 87 mph 140km/h Temporary Spare Tires

P 93 mph 150 km/h

Q 99 mph 160 km/h Studless & Studdable Winter Tires

R 106 mph 170 km/h H.D. Light Truck Tires

S 112 mph 180 km/h Family Sedans & Vans

T 118 mph 190 km/h Family Sedans & Vans

U 124 mph 200 km/h

H 130 mph 210 km/h Sport Sedans & Coupes

V 149 mph 240 km/h Sport Sedans, Coupes & Sports Cars

When Z-speed rated tires were first introduced, they were thought to reflect the highest tire speed rating that would ever be required, in excess of 240 km/h or 149 mph. While Z-speed rated tires are capable of speeds in excess of 149 mph, how far above 149 mph was not identified. That ultimately caused the automotive industry to add W- and Y-speed ratings to identify the tires that meet the needs of new vehicles that have extremely high top-speed capabilities.

W 168 mph 270 km/h Exotic Sports Cars

Y 186 mph 300 km/h Exotic Sports Cars

While a Z-speed rating still often appears in the tire size designation of these tires, such as 225/50ZR16 91W, the Z in the size signifies a maximum speed capability in excess of 149 mph, 240 km/h; the W in the service description indicates the tire's 168 mph, 270 km/h maximum speed.

225/50ZR16 in excess of 149 mph, 240 km/h

205/45ZR17 88W 168 mph, 270 km/h

285/35ZR19 99Y 186 mph, 300 km/h

Civic2000, that's a very interesting post, learnt a lot from it as I don't know much about tyres.

Just to check, when you say eg. "205/45ZR17 88W 168 mph, 270 km/h", the "R" after "Z" just denotes rim size and not the speed rating right? And what is the "88" in front of "W" supposed to mean?

Thanks!

88 is the load rating of the tire. In this case, 88 mean the tire is rated for 1,235 pounds. Multiply this by the number of tires on the car, and you get a maximum safe loaded vehicle weight of 4,940 pounds (including people, luggage, a full tank of gas, and all the loose change under the seats). See the link below for the full table

http://www.dummies.com/WileyCDA/DummiesArt...at-HOBBIES.html

↡ Advertisement