1st parking offence(can appeal)?

Dennisk

i was booked with a parking offence of $100. dizzy.gif

went to jurong west to pass my client some documents. i parked my car at the void deck for about 5 mins. after i came down i saw a parking offence notice. wanted to find the guy who issued me the summon, was damn pissed off that time, didn't see him around.

was issued by united premas limited. can anyone help me with this summon.

can appeal? what are the chances? (if not convinent to post can PM me)

really not worth it paying $100 for 5 minsunimpressed.gif

thanks in advance

↡ Advertisement

Definitely can appeal but choose the expensive fines and excuses that will work. If you are a first time offender and your excuse is valid then you might just escape with a warning.

based on ur case.. u cant.. cos 5 min or watever.. well.. rules are rules or nobody will pay parking liao!

so come up with a better story.. if u noe wat i mean.. [;)]

i was booked with a parking offence of $100. dizzy.gif

went to jurong west to pass my client some documents. i parked my car at the void deck for about 5 mins. after i came down i saw a parking offence notice. wanted to find the guy who issued me the summon, was damn pissed off that time, didn't see him around.

was issued by united premas limited. can anyone help me with this summon.

can appeal? what are the chances? (if not convinent to post can PM me)

really not worth it paying $100 for 5 minsunimpressed.gif

thanks in advance

if u really parked your car at the HDB viod deck like what u mentioned... i think there is absolutely no excuse for that..... [crazy]

wah xiong man... expensive lesson... sometimes really a matter of luck leh. guess this time u r just suay.

anyways no harm just write in or appeal lor, pay 26cents postage for a chance better than listening to us say whether got chance to appeal or not. come up w a solid excuse and throw in some big words, hopefully can at least get a reduced summon. wave.gif

it sounds to me that at the time of the offence, you were experiencing engine trouble.. your engine was making a 'knocking' sound... you stopped your car as you were afraid of your safety and your concern for others..

your handphone battery was low so you drove up to the side of the block in search of a public telephone... after which you called your wife who then contacted the manufacturer...

you came back to your car and was realised that you got a saman.. you agree that what you did was against regulations but with the best interest of yourself and the safety of those around you.. you decided to stop where you did and not try to park your car as you were a bit fearful..

in any case, you realised that the 'knocking' sound was cos your wife pumped the wrong grade of petrol..

in fact, we should salute you for your quick thinking and regard for the safety of others in that you stopped your car at the safest location possible and called your wife.. although, be more mindful in future and ensure that your handphone is charged in case emergencies arise..

therefore i hope that the authorities will waive the fine against you...

Neutral Newbie

" i really got no experience in this ...can help guide me abit? pm me? "

Dont worry just appeal...sure to waive off..but give some good reasons ah..send sick auntie/friend/etc up the lift...

If its your first time should be all right.. i got a summons twice at the same spot and both time i appeal i got a waiver...

Good luck.

it sounds to me that at the time of the offence, you were experiencing engine trouble.. your engine was making a 'knocking' sound... you stopped your car as you were afraid of your safety and your concern for others..

your handphone battery was low so you drove up to the side of the block in search of a public telephone... after which you called your wife who then contacted the manufacturer...

you came back to your car and was realised that you got a saman.. you agree that what you did was against regulations but with the best interest of yourself and the safety of those around you.. you decided to stop where you did and not try to park your car as you were a bit fearful..

in any case, you realised that the 'knocking' sound was cos your wife pumped the wrong grade of petrol..

in fact, we should salute you for your quick thinking and regard for the safety of others in that you stopped your car at the safest location possible and called your wife.. although, be more mindful in future and ensure that your handphone is charged in case emergencies arise..

therefore i hope that the authorities will waive the fine against you...

very good excuse. [nod][nod][nod] ......

$100 fine for 5 mins parking is outrageous..

another excuse is car battery died too (therefore also cannot charge your mobile phone) and u need to go in and ask someone to come out to jump start your car.. and until then you see no security guard and thought they were all asleep and didn't want to wake them up....... or you didn't notice the summon until you reach the workshop to replace your car battery, but then you had another appointment to attend, so didn't come back to say hi to the security guard.....

Edited by Penthousepauper