Firenza tyre owner, pls take note...

Tigershark1976

yes, stay away from those PRC girl hahah.

to me my view is many MNC has setup plant in PRC, you can see the trend

also cost saving so they have more $ to re R&D and eventually comsumer will benefit

for new technology products.

that is why i notice some brand selling same $ irregardless of oringin .

they promised to have same quality that is why same$.(QC control)

those selling differ $ for same type of tyre(differ origin) shown that they

telling me they are differ quality.

PRC local brand are still far behind,but they are catching up.

above are MHO.

tyres are relatively very cheap compare to SHOE(mostly made in PRC) by working

on distance (kilomatre) and work it does for us to hold the car on the road.

↡ Advertisement

Actually, it has nothing to do with Firenza I think. It burst because the alignment is seriously out. If you notice, the tyre only wear on the outer part and the difference in the wearing rate of inner and outer is very extreme.

The front tyres usually will have outer tyres wear off faster than inner tyre. The reason is because when we turn, the centripetal force will push the weight over and exert higher pressure on the outer part of tyre while inner tyre float momentary. The situation is brought worst by the user using thicker tyres such as 195/50/R15 to 205/45/R16. Changing from 195 to 205 cause the difference of pressure of inner and outer part of tyre even greater. Becos the original alignment is set base on thinner tyres. To solve the problem, you have to redo the alignment and make the tyres more A shape. When the tyres are more A shape, the inner presure increase and outer pressure reduce. So you wear off the inner at a faster rate than outer when travelling on straight road and wear off the outer part faster than inner part when cornering. If you notice, most front left tyres will wear off faster than front right tyre. The reason is the same. In singapore, most of the time we turn right at 3rd gear speed and turn left at 2nd gear speed. And our multistorey car part is turn right up/down. And u turn is also right turn. So left will always wear out faster than right. If you never swap the tyres around, then u exert stress only on one tyre which is your front left and causes this.

Do I make sense?

Honestly, did you do a alignment? Did you change the camber kit to adjust the tyres into A shape alignment? Did you check the tyres and see that left side outer part is wearing off until botak already and you carry on to drive despite the left outer part wear off faster than inner? If you see it, but carry on driving, of course it will burst.

My tyres is very much oversize than yours, but I spend hundreds changing camber kit and doing alignment everytime I touch the suspension and alignment go off. I changed from 155/80/R13 to 205/40/R17. Its a consicious effort on the driver part also. Cannot blame the tyre. So many people using it but no problem, why only these few people have problem? I believe this problem happen to other drivers too with other tyre brands who did not make conscious effort to check tyre condition.

i hear what u say. it's the same case for those skidding tyres and 'cannot grip' issues. is it a tyre prob, or a driver problem?

Like what I said in another thread, Firenza design & construction is iffy. Is it worth saving that few $$

Get decent tyres, that 4 foot prints is all the contact you have

did u overpressure the tyres? i kena fr dunlop before also. the entire belt of tyre came off and scratch the car sides. nearly cause accident.

yes, stay away from those PRC girl hahah.

to me my view is many MNC has setup plant in PRC, you can see the trend

also cost saving so they have more $ to re R&D and eventually comsumer will benefit

for new technology products.

that is why i notice some brand selling same $ irregardless of oringin .

they promised to have same quality that is why same$.(QC control)

those selling differ $ for same type of tyre(differ origin) shown that they

telling me they are differ quality.

PRC local brand are still far behind,but they are catching up.

above are MHO.

tyres are relatively very cheap compare to SHOE(mostly made in PRC) by working

on distance (kilomatre) and work it does for us to hold the car on the road.

bro, i cannot agree.... must avoid all PRC stuff except gals.... [sweatdrop][sweatdrop][sweatdrop][sweatdrop][laugh][laugh][laugh]

Neutral Newbie
ST-08 = Yokohama S.Drive ???

yokofirenhv7.jpg

February 27, 2008 For immediate release

Corporate Communications Dept.

The Yokohama Rubber Co., Ltd.

36-11, Shimbashi 5-chome

Minato-ku, Tokyo 105-8685

Phone: 81-3-5400-4531

Fax: 81-3-5400-4570

Yokohama Rubber Wins Import Injunction of

Counterfeit

Neutral Newbie

"The counterfeit products for which Yokohama Rubber filed the import injunction request are the tires sold under a brand name of

Neutral Newbie

I am bemused that Yokohama calls them "counterfeit"

I have heard of lousy tyres but its the first time I hear of a "fake" tyre. [laugh]

↡ Advertisement