Firenza tyre owner, pls take note...

Tigershark1976

Neutral Newbie
firenza too

ohmytyres2.jpg

Actually, it has nothing to do with Firenza I think. It burst because the alignment is seriously out. If you notice, the tyre only wear on the outer part and the difference in the wearing rate of inner and outer is very extreme.

The front tyres usually will have outer tyres wear off faster than inner tyre. The reason is because when we turn, the centripetal force will push the weight over and exert higher pressure on the outer part of tyre while inner tyre float momentary. The situation is brought worst by the user using thicker tyres such as 195/50/R15 to 205/45/R16. Changing from 195 to 205 cause the difference of pressure of inner and outer part of tyre even greater. Becos the original alignment is set base on thinner tyres. To solve the problem, you have to redo the alignment and make the tyres more A shape. When the tyres are more A shape, the inner presure increase and outer pressure reduce. So you wear off the inner at a faster rate than outer when travelling on straight road and wear off the outer part faster than inner part when cornering. If you notice, most front left tyres will wear off faster than front right tyre. The reason is the same. In singapore, most of the time we turn right at 3rd gear speed and turn left at 2nd gear speed. And our multistorey car part is turn right up/down. And u turn is also right turn. So left will always wear out faster than right. If you never swap the tyres around, then u exert stress only on one tyre which is your front left and causes this.

Do I make sense?

Honestly, did you do a alignment? Did you change the camber kit to adjust the tyres into A shape alignment? Did you check the tyres and see that left side outer part is wearing off until botak already and you carry on to drive despite the left outer part wear off faster than inner? If you see it, but carry on driving, of course it will burst.

My tyres is very much oversize than yours, but I spend hundreds changing camber kit and doing alignment everytime I touch the suspension and alignment go off. I changed from 155/80/R13 to 205/40/R17. Its a consicious effort on the driver part also. Cannot blame the tyre. So many people using it but no problem, why only these few people have problem? I believe this problem happen to other drivers too with other tyre brands who did not make conscious effort to check tyre condition.

lol bro, dunno suay or what

My Firenza ST-03 died on me today, during highway I was cursing around 70km/h ... peak hr lucky I didn't went on 90. I heard a some wierd sounds coming from my fenders (comfirm didn't hit anything), next thing I notice my steering wheel needs to be 10 o'clock position to go straight. When I reach my destination I gave it a check, my Firenzas are bloat...

No tua kang or what.. tml I take photo then post for you guys...

PH rifle.gif

轮胎

Wah, another bloated case. Actually don't think its their fault. Might be factory QC problem.

haiz.... dunno how many "time bomb" there still left on the road.... hope all the Firenza user see this all these post... not only risking other poeple life, but also other road user... just imagine, what will happen if car skid/buang at the expressway and car from behind cannot stop in time... [sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

premium brands tyre maker don't spent R&D $ for nothing that is why they cost more.

so please do not save $ on your tyres.

they are some budget tyres around so just remember/know what you buying.

As for your case (ST03)you should bring it back to the seller and let them do their part refer back to agent investigate and see what is the answer.

Responsible retailer should do their job to help you refer it to local distributor, and factory can do the study and improve if is due to thier manufacturing defects

But as for the end user also has thier part and repsonsibilty to play.

-DO choose the right tyre for you own need ( not want)

heard of some people said i don't drive fast, but what the hell will you remember one day you need or have to drive FAST and you have forgotten your promised you dont drive fast?

Buying a good quality product is just iike buying a insurance (MHO)

the premium you paid to will be refunded to you with profit when you needs them

to be carry on

bro, if the manufacturer dun even bother to test their tyre, Y should the consumer bother?? Firenza is in the market for quite a few years, I'm sure that they already knows their problem.... I would say that they are simply irresponsible! should boycott them.

aiya, can you see all those racing events, tyre maker spent $ is to use them to test their tyre loh.(part of R&D cost)

that is why i always said dont save $ on your tyre.

many brands of tyre has tested by thier in house lab or independent test externally.

only tested for minimum safey mark.(depending on tyre category)

so sometime by paying a more you would be getting far above those standard.

As for picture shown by Xiaogary ,base on what i know out of alignment is 1 thing,

form the wear pattern also shown your driving is very aggressive and lot of conerning you cup

of may be everyday multistorey car park must slow a bit

Don't you think they should offer trade-in for other tires ?

http://www.rm-teamrims.com/

If tires brust then kenna accident whose fault ?

If owner's fault, then I suggest of some the richer bros out here can invest and earn on 'pirated tires' since no one is taking actions. [thumbsdown]

If any tyre has structural or construction defects, can always make a claim from the respective tyre dealers they installed it.

im on st-03. mayb 15months liao. biggest complaint is its damn noisy! shakehead.gif

i din get from PH but when i was considering, the seller said this is quieter than 326, which i hv used before.

and in the shop, big big banner say "quiet cruiser" or something...end up its nothing like tat but guess from ur experience it can be much worse sweatdrop.gif

Neutral Newbie
bro, if the manufacturer dun even bother to test their tyre, Y should the consumer bother?? Firenza is in the market for quite a few years, I'm sure that they already knows their problem.... I would say that they are simply irresponsible! should boycott them.

I agree, Boycott them for such Pdt quality

ST-08 even hide the "MADE IN CHINA" in the bead area where the tyres are mounted on the rims...sheesh, are they ashamed that they are made in China [lipsrsealed]