Firenza tyre owner, pls take note...

Tigershark1976

When i was driving at NSHW this afternoon, ave speed ard 130km/hr i suddently feel that something is wrong, my whole car is vibrating. i stop for a while to chk my tyre, nothing wrong, all 4 tyre were not punched and the i check my air intake, my engine oil, and etc... nothing wrong, so i proceed and drive back to SG. at the lower speed of 100km/h..

When I reach SG, i went to 1 of the multystorey carpark... with freehand off the steering, i can see my steering wheel is turning left and right ( at 5 to 10km/H), i smell something fishy n tot that my alighment is out or my wheelnut is loose...

Stop the car at top level... try to tighten the wheelnut but all were damn tight, then i took a touchlight and see the tyre surface... to my suprise, my front tyre at the driver side is uneven... i touch with my hand and can feel that the tyre was bloated!, i jack up my car and took out the tyre... knn... to my surprise, the bloody tyre was bloated, and i can see some crack line... cant c from outside clearly cos the bloated part was towards the inner part of the tyre, near to the sidewall.... i change the tyre immeadiately...

this is not the 1st time ive seen this, my friend, who use an firenza sT03, have the tyre BURST for no particular reason, and now, it is my turn! I remember very clearly that i didnt hit any podhole or kerb...

can u imagine what will happen if the tyre burst when i was driving at 100km/hr? i, not punched but BURST!!!?? think my whole ride will turn upside down...

Firenza owner, if u r like me, try to save a few hundred bucks and not willing to change the tyre cos the tyre is still relatively new, m... then, make sure u are as lucky as me.... I'm gg to change all the 4 tyre 1st thing tomorrow morning....

↡ Advertisement

my friend's 1 month old tyre exploded on NSH at high speed, i was behind him when i saw the tyre burst, luckily it was rear tyre and he manage to drive to road shoulder safely

guess what was the model of the tyre?

ip3m3297800yg7.jpg

the left over on NSH

untitledrr9.jpg

Edited by Kwchan

Neutral Newbie

Like what I said in another thread, Firenza design & construction is iffy. Is it worth saving that few $$

Get decent tyres, that 4 foot prints is all the contact you have

Most prob the rubbers are old... And caused them to deform... [nod]

the tyre is only 2 year old + (from manufacturing date, most tyre can last for 5 yrs without any problem... in fact, my friend's firenza burst after 1 yr + ( from manufacturing date)

wah lao.... if that happen to me this afternoon.... i cannot imagine liao.... any1 can advise, if front tyre burst at 100km/hr, what will happen to a vios? can still recognise the car or not? [sweatdrop][sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

hmmm....

used Firenza ST03 & clocked abt 35K b4 trading in my last ride....

no problem leh....

maybe heng suay basmile.gif

if no problem, Y change at 35K? Firenza wear n tear very low, 35K should be around 50% only... and if no problem, r u still using Firenza for ur new tyre??

Like what I said in another thread, Firenza design & construction is iffy. Is it worth saving that few $$

Get decent tyres, that 4 foot prints is all the contact you have

haiz.... have to agree.... but plp nvr learn their lesson until something happen... just like me, tot if drive slowly can crefully during rain, nothing can happen... but now, no rain, nvr hit podhole, nothing happen also like that.... must change liao... mai tu liao....

Edited by Tigershark1976
↡ Advertisement