Challenging Qn for Brain

Hobbiez

Just a brain teaser Qn for you:

2 pipes takes 5 minutes to fill up a tank, and the smaller pipe alone takes 6 minutes more than the bigger pipe to fill the tank. How long would it takes for the bigger pipe to fill the tank alone?

I will provide the answer shortly.

Edited by Hobbiez
↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

I too lazy to work out the exact mathematical calculation, but my 6th sense tells me it's close to 7min ??

((5min x 2)-(6min/2))

Neutral Newbie

Can anyone tells me this is a question for which level? I need to be mentally prepared for the day that my son's maths will outshine mine... dizzy.gif

Neutral Newbie

elementary math means E maths in A level or PSLE maths?

I think someone who dunno this would still be able to get through degree in accountancy in my times..

Neutral Newbie

I remembered my maths knowledge peaked at A levels when I have to know calculus and some other crazy maths stuff, which was later rather useless in Uni days and even more useless now in working life.

Now my higher maths rusty liao due to little usage. Just use a financial calculator or Excel and things get computed immediately.

But I know these maths problem will haunt me again when my son eventually have to go through the horrible maths questions.