Squeak! 3 problems...

Kyojin

1. ok, whenever i go really slow over humps or road irregularities, the rear suspension seems to be squeaking. like "quuuiick quuuuick"

does this mean the shocks are goners? or is this because of the bouncier shortened springs?

if i am correct, i have KYB sports adjustables + shortened EP80 springs.

2. also when reversing, seems like there's squeaking from the wheels. no brakes applied. doesn't sound too normal... what gives? no noise going forward.

3. brake squeals when braking lightly, but firm braking does not produce any noise. Ferodo pads. are they gone?

↡ Advertisement

yes. cut, to lower. many people do this to save cost on lowering springs, but it screws up the spring rates...

yea Route88 i figured it was to do with the springs.

as for the brake squeals, i think it's just being finicky, but i will try to take a look at the pads when i rotate the tyres.

join us for meet up. We'll check your car and give you a diagnostics. [laugh]

just like we did to all the other cars.... [laugh][hur]

No seriously... join us for meet up and we'll do a diagnostic. [:p]

sorry to hijack, do u guys experience the suspension give out a soft "farting" sound sometimes when u sitting in the car with engine off? wonder whats wrong or is it normal

u sure not ur gf? [laugh] hehe [lipsrsealed]

usually will be more of a gentle 'psssssss' sound.

B>> yea, sure i will watch out for the next meetup, then you sifus can sort me out.

when you're standing outside the car.. the car goes over the hump the sound it gives the same sound. This is normal. Its your gas absorbers in action. But usually it only produces the sound when its pressed hard. If you hear this when you sit in your car.. think something might not be right.. unless you're really heavy...(apologies).

usually if go over hump.. the normal sound for shocks should be slight creaking or "Eee" "eee" sound.

but the sound i encounter when the car is parked for a period of time something like farting sound "WOOooo.."

haha..

by the way im not heavy, in fact im quite light la [sweatdrop]

↡ Advertisement