About super four spec III

Freakman

hi there,

i know some of you ride bike, so now got a problem here:

my friend recently bought a new Superfour spec III model, and after using it for 5 days,

his got problem with his bike. The bike dies off suddenly at traffic light, then unable to start. it only able to ignite after using the choke, but once it push back to choke, the bike dies off again.

a) petrol is full,

b) no leakage whatsoever,

c) all seems in proper ,

d) even in choke position, once he increase the throttle, it dies off also.

so any bros here got any idea why this is happening??

↡ Advertisement

hi there,

i know some of you ride bike, so now got a problem here:

my friend recently bought a new Superfour spec III model, and after using it for 5 days,

his got problem with his bike. The bike dies off suddenly at traffic light, then unable to start. it only able to ignite after using the choke, but once it push back to choke, the bike dies off again.

a) petrol is full,

b) no leakage whatsoever,

c) all seems in proper ,

d) even in choke position, once he increase the throttle, it dies off also.

so any bros here got any idea why this is happening??

Why not go back to the shop that sell him the bike?

i lknow already informed him liao... but if can fix and move it then better lor...

now he has to park at nearby carpark (not at his house) and call for tow to bring back to the shop lor.. laychey la...

So...u assumed its problem free?

Tat is just a possibility u might consider to tell ur fren

no la... i wont assumed its problem free la... but Honda CB400 aka super 4 is best known for its durability and problemless mah...esp my friend bought brand new mah...

during my time of riding my super 4 for 4 years.. i don't encounted any problem leh...

a vacuum hose drop liao.. its @ near the throttle body.. at the left of the bike(looking forward)

hai bro... ok my friend when back to check before he called tow, and true enough he found one hose which links to the coolent system loosen, so by putting it back it voola!!! he can starts and drive liao... though not sure whether is it the same hose as you mentioned....

[nod][nod] the one come with the original main stand one right?? that time i bought 2nd hand one... very good conditions... and very shiok bike...

looks like the idling speed is set too low or the rectifier/ignition coil has fried up. Normally in the old bikes with the light switch on/off you can test for voltage drop.What is the voltage on battery? you can easily check with multimeter/voltmeter fixed on bike. I have never used chokes on my CB400/CBR400RR even for cold start in Singapore. It is not necessary in Singapore climate. Yep ask your friend to post in the SBF forum....more people to help you.

↡ Advertisement