How to adjust your seat to get best driving position?

Thermodynamics

Hi all

Is there a proper way to adjust our car seat to get the best driving position? Can share what you know and what you do?

Nowadays cars come with telescopic steering wheel. My ride is equipped with it but I never adjust it all.

↡ Advertisement

Adjust your seat so that your leg when pressing fully on the brake or accelerator is not straight. It should be slightly bend. Hands on steering wheel and your arms should be bend at an angle of around 90 degree. Seat belts should be firm...you should be able to slip your fist between the belt and your body without any problem. If you can adjust the belt height from the B-pillar, it should slip over your shoulder and not higher or lower. Sitting position should be slightly lean back (while maintaining your steering-arm position). Centre of the headrest should be at the back of your head to protect it from whiplash.

I tot this kinda thingy learn driving that time would have taught you already ? Returned to the coach liao ah ?

To me as long as you comfortable with good room leg space and able to reach out the pedal with ease.

As for me what I feel the most important thing is back and neck support which will let you enjoy your journey.

Sit inside the car.. driver side hor..

see, feel, observe and turn left and right.

check that you are comfortable, otherwise adjust accordingly.

The best position is the position you like best.

We can tell you till the cow come home that model A is the best but if you don't like it, it will not work.

I, myself got different sitting position for the type of driving I'm doing. so there's no 1right driving posture for myself as well.

Hi all

Is there a proper way to adjust our car seat to get the best driving position? Can share what you know and what you do?

Nowadays cars come with telescopic steering wheel. My ride is equipped with it but I never adjust it all.

Usually, i dun adjust the car seat. i will just start the engine & go liao. [:)]

I use the position that is not upright coz there's no direct corner or short distance to judge.

At the slanting position, it allow a direct sight of the longer distance ahead which is inline with the speed travelled. and I'm not stress up with an upright position.

How to adjust, it's your own preference

edit: in twist and winding road, i would sit upright, close to the steering wheel coz it allow quite movement and easy control of gear shift.

but the above is just me. Otherwise can have their own way to drive.

Edited by Sony

equate to the height of your car's overhanging distance.

You shd be able to see or judge the end.

but people can determine which height they want. It's their own car and their own judgement. otherwise how come you can't see the short tai tai in their S class or 7 series [laugh]

Edited by Sony

But comfortable may not mean the best position right?

But if it is the best position but not comfortable also cannot, right? [laugh]

↡ Advertisement