Felt that I was wrongly accused

Followthelaw

Hi all MCF shifus,I need some advice from you guys badly.Below is my unfortunate encounter.

On 13/8/2007, at about 1000hrs,I proceeded to my car to do some minor touching up as it was being scratched. After having done that, I then proceeded on my way to the nearby Gek Poh Shopping Ctr to buy the day news and some foodstuff. I walked along the MSCP where my car was parked. I was proceeding towards the SC and was about to cross the road.

At this junction,a chinese man dressed in office attire suddenly held my hand and stopped me. He then said the following: "Hello, you stop there, don't go, I'm going to call the police. You walked past my car and you scratched my car." I was totally taken aback. I then replied : "Hello, Mr, what are you talking about? I don't understand you at all. What do you mean by "I walked past your car, I scratched your car." He then said :"I saw you walked past my car, I heard a screeching sound and then my car got a long scratch mark, I was behind you." I replied :" Mr, you better know what you're talking about, You better got evidence and you better know what you're talking about." At this point, I was totally blurred.

The chinese man then said :" You go see my car, you take out your keys." I replied:" Why should I take out my keys? I then followed him to his car, there was a long and very deep scratch on his car, I was totally shocked. I then looked at the damage and told him :" Mr, this is a very long and deep scratch, there is nothing with me right now that could possibly inflict such damage to your car. He then said :" No, I don't care, I'm going to call the police. I told him:" Fine, if you so wish, then go ahead.

I then call my wife to proceed to the MSCP to be along with me. The police came, the chinese man told the police what happened. The male sgt then serach my pouch that I was carrying at that time, he inspected all my keys but could not find any black paint dust on their tip (in fact all my keys were very old and blurt) and the sharpest object I have is but a spectacles screwdriver. I told the police that I really did not scratch his car and there is nothing on me that could possibly leave such a damage.

While the man is recording his stt with the female police sgt,my wife heard him saying that he was back from work at about 0530hrs and would leave about 1000hrs to work again.My wife's temper wasn't so good as mine and she gave the bugger a piece of her mind :"Hello, Mr, do you know that many things could have happened beteen that time and he cannot simply accused me of doing that to his car merely because I walked past his car. (I didn't really noticed that scratch on his car when I walked past it,think I was searching whether did I bring my wallet inside my pouch)

My wife then overheard him telling the female police sgt that "It's all a misunderstanding". At this point in time, I suspect that he knew that the scratch was done much earlier, waiting for a scapegoat like me to walk past,then all throw onto my account.My wife told me confirmed he's putting the damage all on your account lah, just because you walked past his car!!! I really cannot believe such a thing can happened to me. In fact the male sgt told me, "Mr, in life this always happens, pple mistakes others.

Now the boiling question is I will wait for investigation to be complete first, then I will take legal action against him. I'm no something famous/impt,but this is too much.I want to know what can I sue him for? Can it be

Public Embrassment?

Unnecessary duress?

Anxiety caused to me and my family

Defamation

Kindly advice? Thanks in advance

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Whah, urs is a tough scenario. Seems like only god noes the real culprit. Nobody can do anything except wen u go up to heaven and the truth wud be revealed........ [angel]

live and let live.

this type of bo liaoz i sue u is game for pple with deep pocket

if u hv intended to revoke him u can F him and his mother for every ct then

steady bro, LUT yee... KNN this type of people also have, tell me the car plate lumber, i stay right behind Gek Poh only.... i wanna see which bugger is that... NBCB

I believe you can try the "public embrassment and anxiety caused" part.

But don't know if its applicable to local law here.

Sue him man! Else he may accused me next, as I stay nearby too.

Hi all MCF shifus,I need some advice from you guys badly.Below is my unfortunate encounter.

On 13/8/2007, at about 1000hrs,I proceeded to my car to do some minor touching up as it was being scratched. After having done that, I then proceeded on my way to the nearby Gek Poh Shopping Ctr to buy the day news and some foodstuff. I walked along the MSCP where my car was parked. I was proceeding towards the SC and was about to cross the road.

At this junction,a chinese man dressed in office attire suddenly held my hand and stopped me. He then said the following: "Hello, you stop there, don't go, I'm going to call the police. You walked past my car and you scratched my car." I was totally taken aback. I then replied : "Hello, Mr, what are you talking about? I don't understand you at all. What do you mean by "I walked past your car, I scratched your car." He then said :"I saw you walked past my car, I heard a screeching sound and then my car got a long scratch mark, I was behind you." I replied :" Mr, you better know what you're talking about, You better got evidence and you better know what you're talking about." At this point, I was totally blurred.

The chinese man then said :" You go see my car, you take out your keys." I replied:" Why should I take out my keys? I then followed him to his car, there was a long and very deep scratch on his car, I was totally shocked. I then looked at the damage and told him :" Mr, this is a very long and deep scratch, there is nothing with me right now that could possibly inflict such damage to your car. He then said :" No, I don't care, I'm going to call the police. I told him:" Fine, if you so wish, then go ahead.

I then call my wife to proceed to the MSCP to be along with me. The police came, the chinese man told the police what happened. The male sgt then serach my pouch that I was carrying at that time, he inspected all my keys but could not find any black paint dust on their tip (in fact all my keys were very old and blurt) and the sharpest object I have is but a spectacles screwdriver. I told the police that I really did not scratch his car and there is nothing on me that could possibly leave such a damage.

While the man is recording his stt with the female police sgt,my wife heard him saying that he was back from work at about 0530hrs and would leave about 1000hrs to work again.My wife's temper wasn't so good as mine and she gave the bugger a piece of her mind :"Hello, Mr, do you know that many things could have happened beteen that time and he cannot simply accused me of doing that to his car merely because I walked past his car. (I didn't really noticed that scratch on his car when I walked past it,think I was searching whether did I bring my wallet inside my pouch)

My wife then overheard him telling the female police sgt that "It's all a misunderstanding". At this point in time, I suspect that he knew that the scratch was done much earlier, waiting for a scapegoat like me to walk past,then all throw onto my account.My wife told me confirmed he's putting the damage all on your account lah, just because you walked past his car!!! I really cannot believe such a thing can happened to me. In fact the male sgt told me, "Mr, in life this always happens, pple mistakes others.

Now the boiling question is I will wait for investigation to be complete first, then I will take legal action against him. I'm no something famous/impt,but this is too much.I want to know what can I sue him for? Can it be

Public Embrassment?

Unnecessary duress?

Anxiety caused to me and my family

Defamation

Kindly advice? Thanks in advance

I think u can sue him for molesting you by grabbing your arm out of the blue laugh.gif

This kind of people is really a lamer.

But did u say u walk pass his car while searching for things in your pouch? Probably this raise his suspicion.

What car he drive by the way?

I'm not someone big shot or what lah,least I'm still a Division 1 officer with MHA.Asked my colleague for advice,a good friend told me.Sue him at all cost,even if you have to borrow, or make him take out a apology in the news, after the investigation result out first.

(edited)

Alamak, I was looking if I had brought along my wallet..........gg to buy papers and breakfast for the family,who the hell got time to scratch his car,in broad daylight.His scratch is so longggggggggggg and deepppppppppppppppp,I dun even have such items with me to do this damage. Use my blurt keys/specs screwdriver/nail clipper with me, do a scratch on any car.Impossible to cause such damage.

Edited by Followthelaw

dun sue him. use your screwdriver and scratch his face and call your wife to kick him in the balls.

heh... joking niah. just let it go lah bro. not worth it to waste time and money on that scum.

Let go,then let him make police report against me for free,and I get investigated/implicated for nothing.Now I become a suspect for nothing,thing I did not even do.....................

Neutral Newbie
Whah, urs is a tough scenario. Seems like only god noes the real culprit. Nobody can do anything except wen u go up to heaven and the truth wud be revealed........ [angel]

[hur][hur][hur]

Glad you stood your ground. This MF ought to be [rifle] . I know it's not worth sueing him, but if you got the moola to spend, then just play law with him, and sue him till his jaws [jawdrop] . Then he will learn his lesson not to Qi Shan Pa Er. [furious]

If apologizing to you makes you feel better, then make him publish a full page apology note on the straits times.

Failing to do so, then go sue him lor.

He's driving a Black Honda Civic,SGP..........NEW,I dun give a bloody damn what car he driving,KNCCB.............walk past his car mean scratched his car..........what nonsense he talking........then tell police a misunderstanding.........then I stand there like a bloody cuckoo with the police around and all the marketing Ah Soo and Aunty staring at me as if I'm a murderer.

I still need to stay in this neighbourhood for........at least the next 10 years or so........My reputation down the drain liao

↡ Advertisement