Suzuki Lapin - Kei car

Sgnick

Did not ask for much details, only they say is 2 bids guaranteed COE and giving "free" DVD player. Even if they throw in alot of freebies also will not justify this price.

U can see today's Straits Times clssifieds for the PI number and call them for more details.

↡ Advertisement

The front looks like the Mini of the 70s.

[nod] Mini Clubman. The Japanese adore the original Mini, so many of their Kei cars are influenced by the Mini.

clubman.jpg

(edited)

Went to take a look at this car today.

The price before any rebate or discount is $55888.

I ask the SE: This car 660cc? This price can get Swift already right?

SE reply: Yes, but Lapin is boxy so interior is bigger than Swift. Lapin is selling as a lifestyle car, like mini, u drive around sure catch attention people sure go WOW!

[dizzy] Trying to pass off a Kei car as a lifestyle vehicle and jacking up the price [laugh][laugh][laugh] He think he talking about Copen.

I go inside, abit cramp, so not too sure if really bigger than swift, maybe boot space bigger.

The design and color (intrior/exterior) of this car is obviously targeted at females. The interior orange color fabric reminds me of another designed for women kei car Nissan Pino.

Edited by Sgnick

(edited)

What's that hump in front of the foot pedals for? Seems to be obstructing the way.

post-2-1185105545_thumb.jpg

Edited by Vit4wd

(edited)

There is a trend now in Japan, cute small cars designed for women, Lapin happens to be one. Women will fall in love with it because it's cute, not because it's value for money. Remember, women do shopping differently from men. So this car is a "women lifestyle car".

Men see already will start to think, $55K I can buy this car that car, why would I want to get Lapin????

Edited by Sgnick

The typical stereotype:

Woman: Oooooh! Kawaii~~ Does the seats come in benetton fabric and colour themed?

Man: Does it handle corners, do 300+ bHP at wheel and make fierce loud exhaust noise?

[laugh][laugh]

(edited)

Hahaha, good one. This stereotype, unfortunately, is not without reasons.

Resistense is futile....must....buy.....lapin.....

11002205.jpg

Edited by Sgnick

Neutral Newbie

Just base on personal taste only :) Is not Singaporean taste..ha..ha..ha..

Square is nice, round also nice, better than a lot of cars, not round not square, [laugh] .

Better than Korea Cars [lipsrsealed] BIG but [thumbsdown]

Neutral Newbie

I going down too, but the price is toooo expensive liao lah!. Can buy Madza 3 liao if top up a bit. [hur]

The SS version pay extra 3000 more, said is turbo + 12bhp compare to normal one!!! 3000k can up 12bhp???

Turbocharged

if its selling 9k in japan, i assume the omv should be about that price.

cost price here is approximately 9k X 2.4 (taxes) + coe = 38K.

if sold at 55k, dealer [laugh] all the way to the bank. [shakehead]

↡ Advertisement