Suzuki Lapin - Kei car

Sgnick

(edited)

Thats why you don't understand, some can buy a 80bhp car and love it, while some buy a 150 bhp car and torture it. [laugh]

If everyone is looking at bhp, I guess there won't be sub 200 bhp cars in Singapore to begin with. [;)]

Edited by Slowmo
↡ Advertisement

I checked the Suzuki website.

http://www.suzuki.co.jp/dom4/lineup/lapin/price/index.html

The L model sold by the PI is selling 1171800 yen = SGD $14,554

The cheapest Lapin, the G model, with no sports rim and no ABS, is 1000650 yen = SGD $12,430

So take the L at $14,554 x 2.4 + 16K COE = $50929. So PI earns $4K - 5K.

The cheapest Swift is XE 1.2L 2WD CVT, cost 1,102,500Y = $13690, cheaper than the L model Lapin [sweatdrop]

So seems like Lapin is already overpriced in Japan.

Think its a lifestyle car, not a budget ride. Suzuki probably has other cheaper kei class models.

Neutral Newbie

You sure or not? I've worked in Japan for the last 5 years and I'll be the first to dispute that.

A Kei car or Kei-Jidosha costs about the same or sometime more expensive than a typical 1.0l or 1.3l model.

for example, a Mit EK sports cost ~1.3 - 1.5million yen before the relevant taxes are included. Usually ~ 20% That's slightly less than 20K SGD. A 1.0l Vitz cost only 1.1million yen.

The reason kei car sells in Japan is that is attracts lower taxes and FC. Thus leading a lower cost of ownership. It's a good car to own especially if you don't expect any passengers. However please note that stock wise, they only go up to 140km/h. And it goes up to 110km/h before running out of breadth.

It resembles the Austin Mini

Does anyone think it's 2box boxy design resembles a smaller version of an iconic Toyota car?

pic_toyota_bb_8862.jpg

pic_toyota_bb_8876.jpg

pic_toyota_bb_8874.jpg

The trend is heading towards 'Fu Gu'??? [rolleyes][rolleyes][rolleyes]

Actually this car already existed and in production for quite a number of yrs already

I going down too, but the price is toooo expensive liao lah!. Can buy Madza 3 liao if top up a bit. [hur]

The SS version pay extra 3000 more, said is turbo + 12bhp compare to normal one!!! 3000k can up 12bhp???

T/c 660cc usually is 64hp... NA is around 52hp... why not? 64hp for 660cc is quite powerful....some stock kei cars can do the century sprint under 10sec

You sure or not? I've worked in Japan for the last 5 years and I'll be the first to dispute that.

A Kei car or Kei-Jidosha costs about the same or sometime more expensive than a typical 1.0l or 1.3l model.

for example, a Mit EK sports cost ~1.3 - 1.5million yen before the relevant taxes are included. Usually ~ 20% That's slightly less than 20K SGD. A 1.0l Vitz cost only 1.1million yen.

The reason kei car sells in Japan is that is attracts lower taxes and FC. Thus leading a lower cost of ownership. It's a good car to own especially if you don't expect any passengers. However please note that stock wise, they only go up to 140km/h. And it goes up to 110km/h before running out of breadth.

it is true that running cost of petrol and road tax cheaper, but insure higher.. so balance up.

i driving a kei car i know. since my last car focus, per mth petrol of 300+ ... now only less than 200bucks :)

140kmh is becoz of kei car speed cut. can easily undo it by using pivot speed meter or RSM.

my max out i tried on mine abt 160+kmh... but nv push more as in too light and low, feels too fast to handle :P

in jap, they did mod it to cross 200kmh mark.

and due to low ride and short wheel base, its v flickable and fun to drive. esp at road with lotsa tight turns.

there is bad too, as in space is smaller . and kei car, parts generally from japan only.

pick up fast because generally its light , pull is good, but power wise is okie near to a 1.5litre car

- of coz u cannot compare to those sports car or bigger engine cars to put together, its different class