How is Firestone Firehawk Wide Oval Tyres?

Carlover76

Neutral Newbie

Anyone using this tyres and I heard that it falls in between Potenza GIII and GR80, it provides good grip but do not compromise on comfort.

Anyone care to share, thanks.

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

I used to have Firehawk tyres. can't remember the model.. its like 50 or something. I think its a close match to the GR80 in terms of comfort. i'm not a hard driver so don't punish the tyres. As to the new wide oval tyres, have not tried.

Neutral Newbie

So I guess the grip should be quite good since the threadwear is higher as it have more contact with the roads? Correct me if I am wrong, thanks.

How is the grip or comfort for this tyre?

Neutral Newbie

Wow, thanks for the help. Seems that FireStone Wide Oval is a not bad tyres, might give it a try the next time. thumbsup.gif

Neutral Newbie

Ya lor...just asking for opinion in general, don't have to specify certain makes or models cos if tyres are good, it should be good in all makes and models.

Neutral Newbie

You mean the Firestone wide oval has such long kang in the middle of the tyre? Which part?

So any other better tyres for recommendation with good grips but not too noisy unlike tyres like Potenza GIII or ST115?

post-7-1184040820.jpg

Neutral Newbie

GR80 never used before, Hankook is made in China which I am using, the Optimo model. Michelin Preceda I use before, so so and heard now they have Pilot Preceda II, not so sure on that model though.