Switching off air con and radio

Karfield

Turbocharged

i think he ask it when off engine...

yes, i switch off aircon but not radio.. maybe due to old habits becuas eiwth air-con on, it's harder to crank an old car... [laugh]

Neutral Newbie

Actually, with modern technological advances, is it still better to start your engines with your radio, aircon, etc (and warning indicators sound) off?

Does it still matter? I am still starting the engine with the buttons off...

Neutral Newbie

I think off will be better, as sudden surge in power supply to the aircon n radio may affect it

Edited by Tkl07

i would turn off both a/c and radio before starting engine.

a/c off to save battery power

radio off to protect the circuitry in the HU and amps

i think offin e air-con will do, i have a fren with an EP70, must off air-con to start car, if not very unhealthy for e engine???..C&C also say to "increase" e life of your engine, it is better to off e air-con when u wanna start your car, so just off it lor...it wun hurt but it may do some good [;)]

Neutral Newbie

Reason I ask cos previously used to drive a Honda and was told by the mechanic that it is not necessary to off air-con. But now I have changed to a Latio and the SE told me that it is a good habit to off the air-con before I switch off the engine. That is why I am confused. [hur]

Also I realised that when I switch on the air con after starting the engine, the air-con start off with a loud sound followed by a hissing sound. I don't have this problem with my Honda. When I send my car for the 1st thousand servicing, I told the mechanic about the sound and was told it is normal. I forgot to check with him whether I need to switch off the air-con [sweatdrop]

Starting the car with aircon on makes ur engine push out more "strength" and it'll hurt ur engine alittle.

Same theory applies that will u feel xiong when u just wake up and ask u to run 2.4k?

Nowadays, its ok to just keep ur aircon on, but it'll still be a good habit to have it in the off position when u warm up. Good for the engine and make it lasting. My friend's evo can't start up with aircon switched on. It'll just keep storing.

i think he ask it when off engine...

yes, i switch off aircon but not radio.. maybe due to old habits becuas eiwth air-con on, it's harder to crank an old car... laugh.gif

Not necessary. The ECU will only turn on the aircon compressor after engine is on for a couple of seconds.

↡ Advertisement