Do U think NeW Toyota CAMRY is similar to LExus LS460 (exterior)?

Ls430

Hi Bro

I think you brought up an interesting point about the man behind the wheel of a luxurious car. Sometimes, I cannot help but wonder is that person driving the car the owner or is he the chauffer? [laugh] They all wear the same leh. [dizzy]

↡ Advertisement

The Comand system in the Merc is a doodle to use actually. It doesn't take you more than 5 min to learn how to operate it, well unless you spec your car with every single option available [laugh] It is unlikely you will use the knob much during driving, coz the some of the controls are found among the string of buttons on the centre console (A/C control) while others (volume, on/off switch for sound system) are found beside the knob. You will only use the knob if you wanna

1. change radio stations

2. change the CD track

3. set radio station memory

3. switch to another disc in the CD changer

4. adjust vehicle settings

More probably you will only do (1) and (2) while driving. And these can be done using the steering wheel buttons as well. If you insist on using the Comand knob, it will take just a split second and I assure you it won't take you longer than what you experience in your LS430 [;)]

The new LS uses a touch screen system..so in a way you will have to relearn how to operate the controls as well. ALthough I do admit a touch screen is a more intuitive setup. But think fo the fingerprints on the screen after a few years. It won't be a pretty sight.

Edited by Kangz
↡ Advertisement