Driving to Kuantan on this Fri (2nd Feb)

Cupid

Neutral Newbie

Guys, I'll be driving up to Kuantan this Fri and would like to know currently which Route to take is the best n safe. Cos alot of feedback from friends asking me to avoid route 3(along the coast) as due to flood. [sweatdrop]

↡ Advertisement

What's the attraction or places of interest there? Any suggestions? Thinking of going too? [:)]

Edited by Multi

Neutral Newbie

Go by North South Highway to KL after the KL toll left left and look out for direction to Cheras. From Cheras u can go to Karak highway (Genting) and then to Kuantan. Karak Highway after Genting is basically drive all u can, cos there's hardly any vehicle. Around 2-3 hrs drive depending on how fast u go will reach Kuantan.

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

so that's not adviseable to go by route 3.....noted [;)]

How abt going through kota tinggi?? but dunnoe the flood there still have or not cos was badly hit recently

Edited by Cupid

Neutral Newbie

I still can't decide. cos I was informed that route 3 was flooded and bro Familymanz say got pot holes....... [sweatdrop]

Neutral Newbie

erm......so the branch off is on NSH? before KL or after KL?? [confused]

paiseh.....first time driving up to kuantan....only drove up to KL b4 nia. 4 h?? i thought 2 hours can reach from KL to kuantan?

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

actually.....the resort there. otherwise, nothing else...

hummmmm.....this friday, I go liao, come back n keep U inform?

Edited by Cupid

Guys, I'll be driving up to Kuantan this Fri and would like to know currently which Route to take is the best n safe. Cos alot of feedback from friends asking me to avoid route 3(along the coast) as due to flood. [sweatdrop]

Prepare 8hrs ..... not sure about the flood part ....

agree with Mmythos

go north south. till kl..

then towards genting..

then east west highway..

went there abt 2 month back..

east west highway kosong sia,, sunday morning..

I have driven up there before using the coastal route.

Basically is go toward Kota Tinggi and then to Mersing, then straight up the coast.

Is basically a sightseeing drive compared to NSH. Drive past padi fields, and occasionally stop to allow water buffolo, herds of goats, monkeys to cross the road. For some boring stretches, its scary driving 110kmh along single lane winding roads. Will take close to 7 hrs.

The NSH way, is to head towards KL, and follow the route to Genting, and carry on on Karak Highway instead of branching off up the mountain. Karak highway crosses the range, and got many trucks along the windy road, so can't speed from Karak highway to Kuantan, really sian to follow behind trucks for 30min. also take 2.5 to 3 hrs from Genting area to Kuantan.

Kuantan, got nice beaches, and if go further north, near the Club Med got the turtle nesting sites. But the town is nothing special. I think the drive up using the coastal route was more enjoyable than the stay at Kuantan.