Question on speed camera along express way

Curahee

Yesterday early morning abt 4 am. I driving 160km/h along PIE to changi airport. Suddenly saw the speed camera juz a short distance away, brake also no use as i can't reduce the speed so fast from 160 to 90. As i saw my car go past the speed camera at 110 km/h, the red light camera never flash my car. I notice usually they will flash and take down the pic of the speeding car but why this camera along PIE nv flash?? Is it no flash also can take down the pic??

↡ Advertisement

That camera you referring to never flash either way. You can try again.

I think the camera uses infra light so you don't see flash.

I have seen the infra red light blink blink on the lens when a vehicle sped pass it.

You now talking about red light cam or speeding cam?The old system still using the flash one if not wrong.Only the one at ECP is new one rite?anyone drive pass can confirm it?AYE also using new one.

Yesterday early morning abt 4 am. I driving 160km/h along PIE to changi airport. Suddenly saw the speed camera juz a short distance away, brake also no use as i can't reduce the speed so fast from 160 to 90. As i saw my car go past the speed camera at 110 km/h, the red light camera never flash my car. I notice usually they will flash and take down the pic of the speeding car but why this camera along PIE nv flash?? Is it no flash also can take down the pic??

besides the speed cameras, they also deploy trees, lampposts, guardrails. Be careful not to be be stopped by any of these [thumbsup]

Edited by Superduper

Do not know exactly which part you are refering to. You might like to know that there are 2 types of camera on the road, one is a speed enforcement camera and another is speed monitoring camera, both are very different in nature.

The one i refer to is the rectangular box with 3 circular lens. Thats the old one? Thanks for ur reference, now den i realise there are 2 types. I agree with u that AYE one are the new type one, the one with only one lens.

Wow...didn't realised that speed cams got new model you all also know...very attentive on the road man !!

So the new cams how many mega pixel one ? Got anti shake ? Got Bluetooth ?? laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Yup.Old one.Along PIE and CTE are old one.That doesn't mean they are not working..From ECP to AYE,those are new one.Go www.spf.gov.sg/epc to check whether you got tio the fine a not.Some people say they are dummy sets,which i don't think is the case.I saw the one on CTE flash before.