Wipers juddering very badly...any advice?

Sunnyvip

not tat long la... now that theres a micelet in the family ... more time with him and wife, esp after her maternity...

so less time for forums, even mitups i also rarely go liao...

even my car wash regime from weekly dropped to fortnighly ... sometimes even 3 weeks then wash [dizzy]

mice

I want to add in,

Use wet tissue or get some tissue and wet it and "pull" through the rubber blades then take a look then U will understand what i am talking abt..

Applying those solution will make the windscreen surface too "siap" and rubber cannot move smoothly.

I always go throught the rubber using wet tissue after a heavy downpour..all the dirt all collected in the blades..

One more thing wash ur windscreen using plain water only ! Try it !

Hi all

My wipers have been juddering very badly whenever i turn it on.

The wipers are new (new ride collected about 3 wks ago) and it was fine and it happened about a week ago.

Spoke to some friends and they mentioned to wipe away the dust from the wiper blade and also clean the windscreen with glass cleaner (the type of blue solution we use to wipe our windows at home).

Have done it but still no use.

Any kind bros/sis out there can give advice?

Many thks!!

Since you car and ride is new, the juddering will go away after sometime because the seller could have applied something like rainex on your screen.

Just wash the screen with shampoo that has no wax.

Neutral Newbie

i also get juddering sometimes! but the biggest problem is whenever it rains heavily, even with the wiper at full speed, it does not seem to wipe the windscreen clear and i cannot see properly.

Neutral Newbie

Hi bro Sunnyyip, you can try getting some glass polishing compound from either Autopacs or Stamford outlets. It should be able to reduce or eliminate the juddering problem [;)] .

Edited by Gen2

Hi bro Sunnyyip, you can try getting some glass polishing compound from either Autopacs or Stamford outlets. It should be able to reduce or eliminate the juddering problem Wink .

[nod][nod][nod]

mice

One of the solution i try was claybar the window... it work for me but not sure whether are there any side effect of using claybar on windscreen....

those who are familiar with claybar, pls advise..

Neutral Newbie
Hi all

My wipers have been juddering very badly whenever i turn it on.

The wipers are new (new ride collected about 3 wks ago) and it was fine and it happened about a week ago.

Spoke to some friends and they mentioned to wipe away the dust from the wiper blade and also clean the windscreen with glass cleaner (the type of blue solution we use to wipe our windows at home).

Have done it but still no use.

Any kind bros/sis out there can give advice?

Many thks!!

I encounter the same experience too.

I do a test myself supsecting that the car shampoo is the cause.

True enough, if u don't wask your windscreen with car shmapoo/rain-x, then yr wiper would not judder.

Neutral Newbie

I do not think there's any side effect. If there is, its making your windscreen to squealy clean for some brands of wiper such that they will making this squeaky noises when wiping.

I too have the juttering problem and tried all sort of methods to rectify it...claybar, autoglym glass polish & fast clean and newspaper...all don;t seem to work for me. Untill I took my car for servicing and told the mechanic about it. He applied some checmical...is it some kind of ceramic oxide?...and the juttering problem is gone.

However, my wiper (twister) is still making these squeaky noises which I figure out must be the wiper's rubber material that is causing this problem. Will be changing back to the disposable wiper soon to check out the effect.

Hi bro [wave]

I'm on Twister Wipers. It wipes smoothly during heavy downpours [thumbsup] but do take note that the wiper will produce a loud spueaking sound when rain is light aka drizzling [dizzy]

However, it has a warranty of 3 years and you just need to give that company a ring and they'll come down to get it fixed up [thumbsup]

So far so good, squeaking sound is almost gone after they came to rectify it [;)]

tried soft99 b4, found to b rather useless. for real clean glass, mama lemon + razor blade is good. for sparkling clean, i use HG glass cleaner (fr Cold storage at peace center) this is good stuff. spray and wipe off. glass become squeaky clean.

i use 3M sandpaper-like sponge to wipe clean the windscreen..very effective in removing surface particles that may cause the juddering..only $2 or $4 from stamford tyres

Congratulations. So a new addition to the pack. [laugh]

Anyway nice to see u back. [thumbsup]

Yah but pack more important lah. I u'stand cos also got a family. Hee.

If your blade cannot give u a clear view, it's time to change the wipers. [nod]

Some pple give them a new life by using very fine sandpaper to sand the edge of the rubber blade but I think it wil only b temporary, although I never done this b4.

↡ Advertisement