Wipers juddering very badly...any advice?

Sunnyvip

Neutral Newbie

Hi all

My wipers have been juddering very badly whenever i turn it on.

The wipers are new (new ride collected about 3 wks ago) and it was fine and it happened about a week ago.

Spoke to some friends and they mentioned to wipe away the dust from the wiper blade and also clean the windscreen with glass cleaner (the type of blue solution we use to wipe our windows at home).

Have done it but still no use.

Any kind bros/sis out there can give advice?

Many thks!!

↡ Advertisement

Well...the window cleaner used for home might actually make the wiper judder even more... Perhaps the wipers' condition are deteriorating, because the car might have parked under hot sun for sometime already before delivered to you, which is the usual case for new cars...

For wiper juddering issue, i have tried many means & ways to resolve it but til now, the only combination which is currently working for me is using of Autoglym All Weather Windscreen Wash plus a layer of Autoglym Glass Polish [:)]

Of course, these are no magic lotions which would work instantly but takes a couple of washes & application for it to come into effect [;)]

For windscreen solution, i think Bro Sheeto whom is one of our forummer has a solution for it [;)]

Avoid putting any windscreen cleaner like rain X etc....if so, or if the judder persist, put some amourall on the rubber part of the wiper, it will do away the problem and it is also a way to preserve the life of the wiper. Mine lasted 3.5 years by doing this, and park under the sun for quite a period of time per day.

Best is to change. My stock wipers used to judder like crazy. Tried every suggestions in MCF. Best suggestion that worked for me is changing them.

Neutral Newbie

Hi Fortress

You mentioned put some amourall on the rubber part of the wiper....

Which product of armourall??

Thks.

a few possibilities...

1/

wiper not clipped on properly

2/

size is too large therefore motor unable to operate properly

3/

motor faulty

4/

glass is dirty, possible cause waxing, leopard skin.

5/

lousy wiper

Did u wash your car recently?

Sometimes the shampoo in the carwash has wax which wil cause the wiper to judder until u keep wiping for some time & the wax is wiped off.

Maybe u sud try a good glass polish without it leaving anything on the glass & see how.

Worse come to worse, change wiper lah. NWB & Cape Force brands only abt $7 ea.

I change my wipers every year near to the rainy season. Solves my wiper problems for $14 a year. [thumbsup]

Hi all

My wipers have been juddering very badly whenever i turn it on.

The wipers are new (new ride collected about 3 wks ago) and it was fine and it happened about a week ago.

Spoke to some friends and they mentioned to wipe away the dust from the wiper blade and also clean the windscreen with glass cleaner (the type of blue solution we use to wipe our windows at home).

Have done it but still no use.

Any kind bros/sis out there can give advice?

Many thks!!

hi bro,

1. do u wash your car ur self or wash at petrol kiosks ?

2. If self wash , are u using those wash-n-wax type shampoo ?

(A) If #1 Answer = Any answer other self wash, jump to © else goto (B)

(B) If #2 Answer = wash-n-wax shampoo, the "wax" from the roof will flow down the wind screen and causes the jutter.

© Ah neh or petrol kiosk washes usually use wash n wax type, so look shiny abit... details at (B)

Confusing ?? hee hee ...

Solution:

1. Mechanical polish* your windscreen to remove the top layer, dun worry its safe and material removes in microns.

2. Ask agent to give u free $5 no brand rubber inserts. discard old ones

3. Self wash, ALL the time, using "normal" shampoos. Avoid "wax" ones.

4. Happy driver w/o jutter ...

*SiO2 polishing also may work, best if a bluffing tool is used as well.

my ride has been abt 35k, so far and since i tried the abv steps... all. A.OK

and my last $5 rubber, lasted from 20k till now.....

I hope those magic blade sellers dun come n pour wax onto my car windscreen ... hee hee

mice

Edited by Bluemice