What is the life span of microfiber cloth & waffle weave towel?

Thepukster

Say if I wash my car once a week.

Wax twice a month.

Just like to know thanks.

Edited by Thepukster
↡ Advertisement

I think it can last you months dude. Weave towel wash once a week can last u 6mths to a year. MF towel twice a month can last you prob half a year or more too.

Neutral Newbie

My Routine is the same as your..

i'm still using the same set of MF towels i got 1 year ago... [;)][nod]

anyway, lifespan also depends on the quality of the towels...

How many set of MF towels do you own? [:)]

I am using the Micropak ones & Fibershine. Bought them on the same day, frequency of use is almost the same. But fibershine seems to be getting much rougher than the micropak ones. Hmm... [:|]

Neutral Newbie

I'm using fibreshine ones. Its not as plush as others but it serves as a good buffing towel.

If you think the lifespan is up, it probably is. Just condemn it for multi-purpose stuff like interior detailing/glass/wipers/rims [nod]

Heard from a fellow bro that boiling the microfibre towels will 'rejuvenate' the towels, I've yet to try that though [:p]

Since you own a white coloured ride, why not consider synthetic sealants rather than wax? Believe it will give you better results + easy to maintain. Just a suggestion

Edited by Number19

Neutral Newbie

me ah... i throw some of them away already... now i got about 10 MF towels from 3-4 different brands.

you machine wash your Towels? I think that will reduce it's life span.... try hand wash once in a while. for the hand wash, use Hot water... i mean the water heater hottest setting. The roughness can be due to residue accumulated in the MF. Hot water can help to "melt" them.

[;)]

Wow, use WW twice a day. Quite hardcore huh? Haha.

You mean you use the WW towel to wipe dust off twice a day?

By the way, what is the life span of a sheepskin wash mitt as well since we are at it?

Neutral Newbie

Actually i never hand wash... i "leg wash" [laugh][laugh]

I soak the MF towel in a pail of washing detergent dilution mix. i let it soak for a while, Then i stomp on it! My grandma told me that's how she wash clothes last time so i just follow lor! [laugh]

i step on it for a while then rinse with hot water again. step on it a while more.. rinse again. then that's it. Towels clean clean! [idea]

This method works for me.

For sheepskin. lifespan varies... i bought one from US, last me less than 3 months! [thumbsdown]. But normally i guess 6mth to a year [:/] ???